Rather have VTech than BC

I'm gonna go on record as supporting VT over BC. The interest in college football is not very high in the northeast. So, I think this talk of opening up TV markets in the Northeast is overrated. The thing that makes TV markets work in college football is great competition. Adding VT to the ACC fits the bill wrt competition. Not only does it bring a solid program, but it adds a state rivalry to the ACC. UVA/VT would really become a great game for the conference. It also adds a program that has been good competition for Miami over the years.

Finally, the location aspect of VT is overblown by some. In college football, rural settings are generally the preferred model. Blacksburg would be a nice setting to add to the ACC. Also, VT is a school with a large fan base and a large stadium with consistent sellouts. This factor should not be overlooked, as VT would add an exciting atmosphere to our conference...something that BC will not give us.

I vote "YES" for VT and "NO" for BC.

I, FHstinger, vote "YES" for VT and "NO" for BC.

I also vote "YES" for WV and "NO" for Syracuse.

The ACC is a Southern Conference. Any school north of Maryland belongs in the Big East.

lightningzap.gif
lightningzap.gif

confused.gif
Damn! All this time I thought the Atlantic Coast extended above the Mason-Dixon Line.
rolleyes.gif

Back