Rather than kick the guy out, let's look at it from a biz POV...

GEETEELEE

We suck this much.
Rather than kick the guy out, let\'s look at it from a biz POV...

As the CEO of GT football, it's obvious Chan has glaring deficiencies on offense and special teams. Lackluster QB play is symptomatic of the overall problem - we have major issues with performance in most positions on the offensive side of the ball. The receivers are not running good routes without the ball, they don't run smart with the ball, the O-line is probably the best part of the offense, but there are issues even there. RBs hasn't been stellar, but that's certainly understandable. Special teams play has been inconsistant, expecially with the long snapper.

I look for and expect changes in the offensive staff. WR and QB coaching changes are desparately needed and possibly O-Line coach as well. The special teams coach has certainly not earned his money, either. I'm not so sure about S&C, yes, the team didn't look so good in that area, but those things are usually compounded by poor game plans and execution.

I believe that 90% of the offense is O'Brian's and as such, 90% of the offensive's problems can be laid at his feet. When I can sit in the stands and watch on TV and know what play is coming, there's a problem. I really believe Billy will be and should be replaced.

Now is when a head coach really earns his pay - assembling a staff. Gailey has been there and done that - he knows where the issues are and how to address them. Remember: he got a late start last year not only in recruiting, but also in hiring his staff. Let's see how he uses his contacts to build an improved staff over the coming offseason.

On the other hand, I believe that the DC did an excellent job and used our very talented LBs very well to negate an undersized defensive line. This is the type of coaching we got spoiled with on the offensive side of the ball years ago. We used coaching, misdirection and talent to cover up and hide our weaknesses. Simply having an offense that can consistantly manufacture drives and not turn the ball over will improve defensive performance. If that happens we could be scary good on D next year!

It seems like we'll be OK in bringing in a good recruiting class, now let's see how CG does in recruiting coaches.

Back