Read...Laugh...Discuss

GTg8r

Varsity Lurker
Blatantly stolen from Warchant via GatorCountry... It's been an interesting week down here:

Jesse:
The knowledgable people on this board care about one thing: football. They have pretty much resigned themselves to the notion that a football player is top-notch if he can run fast, and his grades and/or study habits don't matter as long as he doesn't get kicked off the team for the Orange Bowl AKA Snoop Minnis. We on this board accept mediocrity in academics because we like to watch football games and want our team to win. If players can run fast, that is enough for us. As long as they know enough to throw the ball to players with our jerseys on, we are satisfied. When we start losing, it can't be because of a lack of focus, discipline, or intellect, because we on Warchant know that RUN FAST= VICTORY. Therefore, we have concluded that people like you are crazy for even suggesting that RUN FAST does not neccessarily equal WINS. I mean, this is Warchant and we've got it all figured out!

Obviously, you are just some spoiled kid because you go to college for purely academic reasons, and not to play football. You have to understand that we on Warchant are of the highest intellectual fabric, and we can see that your attempt to discredit what we know to be true (that is, RUN FAST=GOOD PLAYER) is probably motivated by jealousy and/or the fact that you can't run fast.

The fact that you mispelled some words means that we on Warchant (who never mispell words) are far more enlightened than you. We on Warchant have known for quite some time that running fast is all that matters. Players should get good grades automatically, because they have it really rough. (I mean, they have to practice!) We at Warchant don't let the fact that they save anywhere from 12-50 grand because of their scholarships get in the way of defending their right to do nothing in school. Afterall, they play football, and they RUN FAST.

While it is clear that you have some serious problems, we at Warchant are a little too busy villifying Chris Rix, Bobby and Jeff Bowden to give you the thrashing you really deserve for suggesting that football players should attend classes, be on time to class, or actually do schoolwork. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that you are way off base: football players are here to play football (afterall, Jimmy Johnson said that once) and therefore the only thing that should matter is whether or not they run fast.

I hope that this clears things up for you and helps you to deal with your lack of speed a little better.

Sincerely,
A Fellow College Student That is Obviously Spoiled and Rich Because He Doesn't Play Football and Can't Run Fast.

and the following post:

There is merit to what Jesse is saying, but for a different reason than what most of you think.

First, I really don't care whether Kyler Hall or Eric Moore get their degrees. They are adults. I don't care whether they learn anything. It would be nice if they did, but I care about the play on the field. That's why they are there.

Reference Link

The criminolies are pure and simple a football U and if a player learns to read or write and maybe add 2 + 2 then they at Criminole U figure they are ahead of the game. Ever wonder why they all major in Criminole Behavor (or what ever they call it) it's so they can get each other out of jail.

He is a lot closer to the truth that most would like to admit (yes even at GT).

Back