Reasons that we can EASILY beat Georgia...

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
1) We are 7-4 and have nothing to lose. UGA is 10-1 and has everything to lose and nothing to gain by beating a 7-4 non conference opponent.

2) They are overlooking us. We have been called a "little blip on the radar screen".

3)They have been readying themselves for the SEC championship since Michael Johnson caught that pass in the endzone at Auburn.

4)We are a lot better than people think. (Could easily be 10-1)

5) I believe Chan Gailey and BOB will put some wrinkles in our offense and some trick plays. (something more tricky than direct snaps to Freddy)

6) We are playing our arch-rival!

I believe we can easily beat the pups if our defense plays the way they have been. I don't there will be a lot of points scored, but as long as we have more than them, it ok with me.
Any thoughts?

totally agree. SUGGS NEEDS TO EXECUTE, EVEN LATE IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO JACKETS!!!!!!!! BEAT THE MUTTS!!!!

EASY? Easy like an anal exam, maybe. Playing UGA has never been easy for Tech in the last 40 years. There is too much mental undoing all year for this game to be ever easy.
BOO

BDG agree completely we can beat them but it won't be easy especially in Dog Town.

Originally posted by Damarius:
[QB] SUGGS NEEDS TO EXECUTE/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Suggs needs to play mistake free football. That's mistakes = ZERO.

Its all in the defense. Y'all put up a no holds barred physical ground game and the mulletail mutts wont have a clue to what to do.

I dont think they are expecting an Auburn type game, so use that overconfidence as a propellant.
I think Tech can pull this one off, since most of the Jawja players really think they are the best team in the SEC and luck aint got a thing to with that.

BTW.....dont forget to remind them 83-77.

Go Jackets!
&
War Damn Eagle!

EASY? Easy like an anal exam, maybe
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Disagree. My last time to Athens (two seasons ago) was spent watching the red sea flood out the exit gates throughout the 4th quarter! It was priceless. That game was dominated by us and, yes, it was EASY.

Agree in that most aren't easy but two years ago there was NEVER any doubt. NEVER!

It definitly will not be easy. But if ol AJ can keep the ball out of the mutt's hands we will win. One or two turnovers and keeping Pollack out of the backfield will be the other keys to victory. Contrary to what I keep seeing we have alot to lose! Our backs are against the wall and we have to come out mad! Go Jackets!

SLJ what do we have to lose? We are 7-4 and everybody already expects us to lose. If we lose it will be no surprise to most. I have the same feling about this game that I had about the NCST game. That people are expecting us to get run over by a superior team. But people fail to see the fact that we are a couple breaks(non-INT's or giving up big plays) from being 10-1. We have a legitimate shot at winning this ballgame. We have just as good a shot as Georgia.

P.S. I am absolutely stuffed while enjoying the Egg Bowl. Go MSU Bulldogs. They mentioned on the game how much happier UGA was then MSU's bulldog mascot. Hopefully we can change that in less than 48 hours.

Ugag is not a superior team. Ugag could just as easily be 7-4 with extremely lucky wins over klimpsum, South Carolina, and awBarn. We could just as easily be a 10-1 team ....except for totally needless losses to klimpsum, wake, and fsu...in all three games we had the ball at the end of the game in a position to win...the type of games that we had become used to winning with Joe Hamilton and George Godsey.
Ugag may have superior coaching, but we should be able to overcome that.
Ugag has not beaten Tech in Athens since 1996.....Tech to finish this week's sweep on Saturday.

gtfan: What do you think that feeling in your gut will be like if we lose. Beating the Dogs means being cheerful for the next 52 weeks. Losing to them is no option. Who cares what the outsiders or the Bowls or anyone else thinks. I repeat: Our backs are against the wall! We have to bow our necks and fight just as if the National Championship is at stake. That is whats expected of our team. Our prospective recruits expect this as well as our fan base and by golly I for one believe thats what they will see. Go Jackets!

SLJ I have had plenty of good feelings before and we didn't pull it out. All I'm saying is le'ts be optimistic and think we will win. If we think we are going to get beat, then we have already beat ourselves for stepping on the field.

About the egg Bowl. I want Wake to go to a bowl because they deserve it. THey beat us like it or not. They deserve a bowl plain and simple.
The only way they will get a bowl is if us or Clemson heads to Shreveport and they go to Seattle. THat is unless they upset MAryland, which the Fridge will not allow to happen.

BDG I do not mean that it will be easy to beat them. It will definetly be a war. What I meant was a GT win can easily happen if we do what we are capable of doing. I have tremendous respect for Mark Richt and what he has done in Athens. But on Saturday, I will hate his guts.

I really don't have much confidence in our offense, but our defense is definitely capable of winning this on their own. A couple key turnovers could make the difference, especially in the GAG's end of the field.

But face it, guys, we've proven time and again this season that our offense just doesn't have what it takes to put a lot of points on the board.

Here's hoping that on this Turkey Day, I eat my words with stuffing on Saturday.

Back