Recruiting Etc.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Just noticing that we are on the long list Xavier Lee out of Seabreaze (Daytona) same school as Kenny Scott. Anybody have any idea what our chances are - big QB 6-4 210 lbs. Didn't know if we have any inside track with a future star like Scott on our team. He has the 3 Florida schools listed, but I think the 3 of them already have some QB verbals.

Also, how has Nick Moore performed overall in the fall practices. I was glad when he reversed his decision and decided to come to Tech. Looks like tons of potential.

I think alot of it will have to do with how Ball performs this year.. if it seems that we have found a guy to lead this team for the next 4 years, then I would say our chances for a big name QB may be slim.. and in looking at the Florida schools.. I would say FSU or Miami could have the best shots, only because Leak is a Freshman at Florida, and assuming he proves to be the real deal..

In regards to Moore.. I saw solid play from him during practice... but have to say that the guy who impressed me most from a defensive standpoint, and from the true Freshman class was Kamichael Hall.. the guy can hit.. I mean really hit.. I think he is only in the 205-210 range, but he packs a wallop.. give him some time in the weight room and add a few pounds and we have a true future star at LB

I heard Wes yesterday say the same thing about Kamichael Hall...I really look forward to seeing him play....We will be losing 3 LBs after this year..Some of the younger ones need a lot of PT this year to gain that valuable experience...

As Jacketguy said, it will be tougher to recruit a top flight QB this year if Reggie Ball has a breakout season. That said, Xavier Lee has offers from over 50 schools, including GT, but really is only talking about five-- FSU, Florida, Auburn, Ohio State and Tennessee.

I don't think he cares though about who is committed or playing for anybody else. I'd guess FSU or Auburn right now for Lee.

Well, this puts a lot of pressure on Ball. He's just a freshman. I expect great things from him, but am expecting some freshman mistakes too. If he has a decent year, then the future looks bright because he'll only get better.

Back