Recruiting issues....

Just to be clear on what I'm saying, I'm not asking for everyone to agree with the man, or even like him. Just realize that this is a PUBLIC forum, and it DOES have an affect on what goes on in recruiting. Everyone should keep in mind Ian Yates-Cunningham, and his comments when he committed to UVA. He was shown one of the GT message boards, and the public venom thrown at our coach. It made a huge impact on where he ended up.

Driver8, sorry for the shutup comment, but my main concern is that kids do read these boards and the last thing we need is for potential recruits to read criticism of commits from our fan base. Not to start the old debate about whether that matters, or whether it affect decisions or anything else, but it doesn't seem to make sense to criticize kids who've just made a commitment to our program.

Whether they can play or not remains to be seen. And I understand that claims of who is interested can't be substantiated, but neither can they be disproved until things play out.

I understand concerns about past recruiting and the need to improve. But pointing to two kids as evidence that we aren't is a direct criticism of those players. That's what I don't like.

FWIW the Purdue coaching staff has an excellent record of scouting young players through high school and locking onto them at the junior level.
Coach Tiller mines Texas with great success and will selectively look at players out of the midwest who show great potential. Knowing that Tiller was on Justin Guadagni early and is not happy about losing him is encouraging. Purdue's loss and Tech's gain. I guess this is payback for losing the highly rated Dallas QB last year to Purdue. Iowa State wasn't shabby last year almost taking out FSU on TV. Indiana is a BB school and a wannabe in football.

Back