Recruiting Notes!

Thanks law bee. Your posts are always great, provocative, and informing. Only problem: Between this being election day and the "tease" about two verbals, it's going to be a tense 24 to 36 hours. Man, just as I was starting to calm down from Saturday. Anyway, a pleasant kind of anxiety (oxymoron?).
pat.gif

Muchas gracias, LawBee. Thank you CrackerJacket & Master B. I really appreciate ya'll.

These aren't commits. It just mentions that GT has offered. We've offered a BUNCH of players, but there's still a long way to go before they sign.

Sorry, just read further down the thread. Looks like we do have 5 commits. Some of these 4 star guys that GT offers probably will end up elsewhere, but just being in the top 5 is still an indication that we're a top tier program.

What is the logic behind a "silent commitment"? Does it really mean anything at all when even a verbal commitment can change his mind on signing day?
BOO

BDG--

any and all verbal committment mean exactly nothing until the kids sign on the proverbial dotted line...

Silent commits are normally kids who perhaps want to take their free visits across the country. Say you're a kid from Rhode Island, and you've never been south of Pennsylvania. You've got offers from Syracuse and FSU. You decide to go to Syracuse. But, you still have this big fat trip to Tallahasee planned. Why risk the trip being pulled away just to make your committment public? I'm sure that not ALL silents are like this... but that's probably one big reason. There are any number of reasons to keep a decision quiet, but I wouldn't think that any of them mean that the kid is considering not honoring his committment.

I still can't find out more info just yet, but I think I might have a solid guess on one of them. I've been saying for a while that I believe Houston LB, Kamichael Hall has silently committed to GT. Even if he's not one of the two new mystery guys then I think he'll still be a Jacket before it's all over.

The #4 RB in the nation has us on his list for a
possible visit.

But he's from Florida, not Georgia, so are we sure
we'd want him?
tongue.gif

I don't care where the kids come from, as long as
they play hard, graduate, and wear the white and
gold with pride.

We are also listed as a favorite of #3 RB Reshaun Grant. He set a visit for 12/13/02.

Back