Recruiting rankings

I wonder how much CPJ's policy of "a commitment is a commitment, aka no more visits" hurt us in the modern recruiting landscape? Does the current staff have any similar policies? I assume not, which is how we got all these commits so early.
In this day and age, not a thing. I’m sure everyone tells the recruits the same thing, in not so many words. Recruiting is a cut throat business. Anyone who thinks otherwise, is naive.

There are some of us who like to say that the only reason we are ranked so high in the 2020 class is because we have so many early commits vs. other schools and that our ranking will eventually fall. This may be true but consider the following:

* Our “average rating” for 2020 per 247Sports is .8638
* This is the highest it has been since 2007 and it is only .0093 lower than that vaunted class
* We are still pursuing a number of highly rated 4 stars for 2020

So I know ratings are not an exact science but directionally they tell a story. 2020 has a chance to be our best year ever. Good time to be optimistic.

Best recruiting we have seen in a long time.

Manny Diaz getting it done at Miami. Big recruiter. The U will be tough to beat very soon.

Miami currently ranked #4 in recruiting 2020.
Once everyone is done, they MAY still be in the top 10, may not. Last year was down for them, but 2017 and 2018 they finished with the #11 and #6 recruiting class. Manny ain't doing anything nobody else has ever done there, and nobody even knows what kind of game day coach he is yet.

Once everyone is done, they MAY still be in the top 10, may not. Last year was down for them, but 2017 and 2018 they finished with the #11 and #6 recruiting class. Manny ain't doing anything nobody else has ever done there, and nobody even knows what kind of game day coach he is yet.
He got that chain tho

They are signing low character, future disciplinary problems. Good for them.

Well they're embracing that MO again. We'll see if it can work. But it can amplify my hate for Canes football for sure.
That’s what they do every other coach right? Then they try to act like they care about cleaning things up but it never sticks.

Back