Recruiting Thread....

33jacket

Dodd-Like
Can someone cut and paste Master B's recruiting statement that was on the Hive yesterday. I can't access that site due to firewalls. Also recap our commits. Thay are Pena, Oliver, and that DE. I know Hill was a fluke...is there anyone else?

Master B had a post then a reply I copied both but there is another post in between

Author Comment
Master B
(11/12/02 4:30:06 pm )

Back to just 4 commits (1 silent)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am hearing that we can now take Mr. Hill off the list. I don't have any details on it, just that he's no longer a commit.

Let's try not to poor mouth the kid too bad now. He'll grow and learn from his mistakes hopefully. Time for us to move on.

JaxJacket96
(11/12/02 4:32:55 pm )

Re: Back to just 4 commits (1 silent)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From everything I've read on both Insiders and Rivals Greg Hill was never a commitment. He's just a crazy kid who makes stuff up. What is the rationale for a silent commitment?

Master B
(11/12/02 4:38:10 pm )

Re: Back to just 4 commits (1 silent)
From what I understand, Greg Hill WAS a commit.

A silent commit is one that the school or players doesn't wish to make public at this time. The usual case involves a player that wants to take free scheduled visits to other schools w/o having that opportunity taken away b/c he committed elsewhere. Sometimes a school may tell a player to keep it quiet so as to not scare off other recruits at the same position (although I'm not sure how often that actually happens). There are all kinds of reasons though. I remember a case where a kid was going somewhere his family didn't want him to go and didn't want a bunch of pressure on him to change his school, so he waited.

Back