Recruiting update...

TheTaxJacket

Dodd-Like
http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/201...uburn-uga-on-sunday/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

For the longest time Georgia Tech led for elite defensive end Stephon Tuitt. Then last week Tuitt sent out a list of his seven favorite teams in order of preference. He had Miami on top. “All my family is down there and I’ve always been a big-time fan of the school,” said Tuitt, who lived in Miami until he was 13. As of last week, the Yellow Jackets were number two. But after attending Tech’s junior-senior camp this past Saturday, Tuitt has the Jackets back on top. “It was wonderful down there, a beautiful day,” Tuitt told me on Sunday. “I like the school and everything really. It has gotten to the point where I had to start thinking about the degree and what it would mean to have it and it’s hard to beat a degree from Tech.” So now Miami is back to number two, followed by Notre Dame, Georgia, Clemson, Auburn and Tennessee. But there is still a long way to go on Tuitt. He said he won’t make a decision until after taking official visits this fall. I’ll have more on Tuitt later.

Let's cross our fingers and hope we can pull this guy. He would be a huge boost to us. I am glad we got back on top over Miami.

Let's hope his visits he plans on still taking don't change his mind too much. He is right on with the GT degree if that's what he is looking for. Doesn't get much better than that.

In the "not likely, but hopefully" category:
Another decision coming earlier than expected this week is from Tucker linebacker James Vaughters. He will reveal his choice from an offer list that reached 35 schools at 11 a.m. on Thursday at Rock Hard Fitness in Tucker, where he has trained since he was 13 years old. This 6-foot-2, 235-pound athlete just last month cut his list down to a final five of Alabama, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Ohio State and Stanford. At the time, Vaughters said he hoped to have a decision “by the end of summer” but added the caveat “if not sooner.” Meanwhile, Vaughters hasn’t rested on his laurels. He and fellow linebacker prospect Terrance Smith of Southwest DeKalb, an FSU commitment, roomed together and were standouts at the inaugural 360 Football Academy last week on the Georgia Tech campus.
For a long time, I'd given up on getting Vaughters, but announcing that he's going to announce right after spending a week on Tech's campus may be a positive sign. I'm still expecting tOSU or Stanford, but maybe...

Back