Ref bias

In last night's Oklahoma win over TCU, the Big 12 refs and booth review crews made a horrible spot at the end of the game on a 4th and 2, when TCU obviously stopped OU, meaning TCU could have knocked Oklahoma out of the playoffs.

The announcers agreed TCU stopped OU. It wasn't even close. But, the Big 12 was not giving up their chance at the playoffs. You can't convince me these conferences aren't more concerned with making that playoff money than they are with having fair and honest officiating, when the closeness of the game gives them the chance to decide the outcome. Very sad.
This won't change unless the playoff is expanded and includes P5 automatic qualifiers

2014. It was that 14 point swing (JT was insode the 10 when it happened and the urinal ran it back for a TD) is what required us to have the late game heroics of the Kick and the Pick.

Not just inside the 10, I remember pictures surfacing that made it appear JT5 had actually scored.

The play started at the 2, was a run up the middle, and lasted for like 6 seconds. He’s either in or the play is dead. Retarded.

Glad to see others noticed this in the game - forward progress immediately blown dead for U[sic]GA but then when TAMU had the ball, let's let them play after forward progress stopped for another 10 seconds till they can hurt the RB or pop the ball loose. Frustrating as dangerous for the kids getting hurt.

???--don't understand all the gripe about 2014. Sure these were absolutely horrid calls but--WE WON. 2006 had the 2 worse calls i have ever seen in football and we LOST as a result. Now THAT was a never forgotten "gripe". (and i swore never to go to cesspool games again, and i have kept that promise). We always play against ref. bias in that a-hole.

???--don't understand all the gripe about 2014. Sure these were absolutely horrid calls but--WE WON. 2006 had the 2 worse calls i have ever seen in football and we LOST as a result. Now THAT was a never forgotten "gripe". (and i swore never to go to cesspool games again, and i have kept that promise). We always play against ref. bias in that a-hole.
I wasn't a Tech fan in 06,so I can't speak to that game.

Logged in just to respond to this. You should go to the cesspool for games. Our kids need the support. Your feelings be damned. I guarantee you a uga fan doesn’t have qualms going to a tech game where Georgia is playing at Bobby dodd

I understand your "sentiment"--but I am SURE that in my 60 plus years of attending Tech games (too many of them in the cesspool) that I have done my "fair share" of supporting our student athletes. I have reached an age (75) where I can't tolerate their vulgarness and outright hostility any longer. In my younger days I encountered several physical confrontations in a-hole due to their behavior. Plus the fact that I retired several years ago to the Colorado mtn.'s greatly inhibits my loyal attendance at GT games. I still manage to attend a few when I can. I hope ALL Tech fans continue supporting our teams.--and eternal THWG.

Back