Ref Calls...give us ur oldest memory of a bad call and the gutsiest call where they..

Originally posted by NightFighterDawg:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ramblinwise1:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:
The first time I cried after a football game was 1978 in Athens after Donnie Patterson broke coverage and rushed B. Belue. Tech lost the game, and it broke my heart.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Don't forget that the SEC refs that day gave UGAg 2 tries to make the 2 point conversion that won the game. We stacked McClendon in the middle on the first try and they called offsides, invisible on the replay.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Incorrect, the first attempt was a pass and Tech was called for interference. There were about 4 flags thrown immediately. The next play was an option that Belue barely got off to Amp Arnold.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Prove it. I remember it my way.

Originally posted by ramblinwise1:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:
The first time I cried after a football game was 1978 in Athens after Donnie Patterson broke coverage and rushed B. Belue. Tech lost the game, and it broke my heart.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Don't forget that the SEC refs that day gave UGAg 2 tries to make the 2 point conversion that won the game. We stacked McClendon in the middle on the first try and they called offsides, invisible on the replay.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Incorrect, the first attempt was a pass and Tech was called for interference. There were about 4 flags thrown immediately. The next play was an option that Belue barely got off to Amp Arnold.

Sorry;
I meant to say that in addition to that
terrible call in '71 the other things
that I remember was how cold it was that
Thanksgiving Night.

And also seeing Jimmy Poulus (sp?) dive
over the top of the pile to break our hearts
at the end of the game.

The '78 Ugag game I had been a season tix holder 4 years - it was the first time I saw Tech players crying!!! We were robbed and I took that crying home with me!

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
This is Not my oldest memory of a bad call, but it certainly sticks out the MOST. I was a sophmore at GT.

FSU 1992 first year for FSU in the ACC. The entire 4th quarter was a bad call. Charlie Ward still gives me nightmares to this day.

But what really pissed me off was that damn onside kick that was "recovered" by FSU, when it was clear it was Tech's ball. There were several more... that whole Quarter was the worst experience I've ever had at Bobby Dodd Stadium. My date sucked too and I didn't get laid either.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I HAD forgotten about that one...maybe this thread wasn't such a good idea afterall, LOL.

The interesting quote in the paper the next day was the Tech guy that recovered the ball saying that he had it before he -blacked out!- and then when he came to it was FSU ball. Shortly after this play the rule was changed where the whole team could not line up on the same side of the ball during a kickoff.

Worst call: The clip against "Rocket" Ishmael in the ND/Colorado game. I went from an unbelieveable high to feeling gut punched. The one and only time I've EVER rooted for ND.

Best/correct call: Godsey recovering the blocked kick against UGAg in 1999.

Best/questionable call: Jasper's fumble.

All in all I would have to rank the 1999 GT/UGAg game as the most exciting/rewarding I've ever seen. I say this having been present at the GT comeback against UVa.

BBR

Back