Reggie Ball names us his leader

Lionel Hutz

Varsity Lurker
Reggie Ball

At least I think he does. I do not have pay access to the site but he has high interest in GT and no one else.

C'mon Reggie, we need some QBs.

Lionel, you are correct. It is on all the premium sites that I subscribe to.

Reggie says we have offered. Here is what he says about Ga Tech: "GT offered last week & they are my leader. Tech is a good situation for me & they need a leader at that position. They need another Joe Hamilton. I think I can be that guy for them, but I still want to explore my other options. I just want to make sure. I like my chances at GT & their offense fits my style".

Originally posted by GT Ace:
Supposedly, we have not offered Reggie Ball. We are waiting on the young man, Carter, from Florida. Ball would probably get an offer if Carter chooses not to go to Tech.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">They are both great athletes, as is the qb from Texas, the kind that could play multiple positions. Carter is being recruited by UF and mich to play WR. I would think that we would take all of them.

Ball says we have offered. I've asked Helwig (of jacketonline.com) to call and update him too. Also, GG said that he thought we had a 50/50 or better shot at Carter. I'll try and find out if we would take both or not.

Originally posted by Master B:
Ball says we have offered. I've asked Helwig (of jacketonline.com) to call and update him too. Also, GG said that he thought we had a 50/50 or better shot at Carter. I'll try and find out if we would take both or not.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Why would we not take both? I am of the mindset that you can never have enough QB's or running backs.

One could hardly argue after this year that we barely had enough running backs and maybe only one QB, ...

drinking.gif

98, We certainly can have too many QBs.THere is only one QB position but there are 9 lineman positions that need talent and depth.Do the math.Waste a scholly on a QB and it takes from other positions.
Oh yeah,also don't fall for that old line "QB athletes can switch and play elsewhere".Show me a star or even a starter anywhere.(btw-Hargrove was never recruited as a QB).

Originally posted by AlaGold:
98, We certainly can have too many QBs.THere is only one QB position but there are 9 lineman positions that need talent and depth.Do the math.Waste a scholly on a QB and it takes from other positions.
Oh yeah,also don't fall for that old line "QB athletes can switch and play elsewhere".Show me a star or even a starter anywhere.(btw-Hargrove was never recruited as a QB).
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I am NOT suggesting that we simply give out schollies to any QB that looks athletic. I feel that this year we definitely need to take at least 2 if not 3 (remember the 7 we had last year?--attrition can happen quickly). Further, I hope that the coaching staff's main thrust is loading up on linemen on both sides of the ball w/an emphasis on the d-line. Again, I would love to have plenty of Dorsey's and Gathers' in each class; I just feel that GT is in a position to potentially offer immediate PT to a star QB.

Anyone seen Reggie play? My brother-in-law coaches at S. Gwinnett (who lost to Stephenson last week), but I did not make the game.

In preparation for Stephenson, my bro said how quick their team is.

I haven't seen him play, but I have heard enough to know that it would be an awesome get for GT. I really don't want to face that kid for 4 years.

I asked & was told that it is doubtful we take both. Ball seems to be "much more likely then Carter although Carter is still in the picture".

AlaGold is probably right. We likely need to spend the other 'ships on another position. Two QB prospects should be enough. Good thing we seem to have at least 2 quality guys on the list.

alagold, here are a few examples:

P. Warrick - WR FSU
A. Bolden - WR FSU
Fullback from FSU's last MNC team (can't remember name) - FB FSU
A. Randall El - WR / QB Indiana
H. Ward - WR Georgia
S. Jones - DB Georgia
A. Battle - WR Notre Dame

I would love to have atheletes like Joe Hamilton, Woody Dantzler, Eric Crouch, Mike Vick, Carlyle Holiday, Seneca Wallace, DJ Shockley, or the Banks kid from Iowa to line up at WR, RB, or DB. Can you honestly say these guys wouldn't start at Tech or pretty much anywhere else at another position? At least QBs can be moved to other positions, failed OL prospects can't be moved anywhere. I have seen good OL moved to DT, but I have never seen a failed OL move successful to the defensive side of the ball. OL is no doubt the number 1 priority for recruiting, but I would rather have a good atheletic QB than a mediocre OL prospect any day.

Back