reggie ball

bemofotech

Varsity Lurker
hey you guys do you think we arew going with a freshman to build for the future and therfore chalking up this season or are we going to be better now?

hey, i believe that we're trying to do both. it is possible to do that without chalking off the season.

this decision was made to have the best QB start as well as try and get DBo in another position and on the field.

I wish I could remember where I read this or who said it, but a college coach was asked about the upcoming season being a "rebuilding" year. The coach replied (and I'm paraphrasing), "I don't know what a 'rebuilding' year means. We try to win every year."

I thought that was great, and it shows how little we think we know about this whole business. We're always trying to get in the heads of players and coaches, but most of us have never competed at the level these guy do.

I would wager that Chan (and most other coaches worth their salt) shares this guy's opinion. That being said, my bet is that Chan intends to let the best QB run the show in Mormon town. I think the idea of having an experimental season is completely foreign to him.

Back