Reggie Ball

spellingbee

Flats Noob
I know this will probably stir debate, but RB needs just 147 yards to surpass Shawn Jones for passing yards as a freshman and will have (obviously) the most passing yards of any freshman GT QB. This bit of info is from the Macon Telegraph.

I really don't think there is ANY debate about Reggies performance.

If you are talking about the passing yards = meaning we are passing even more than lil joe I think MOST know we had more offensive weapons that year.

Originally posted by law_bee:
I really don't think there is ANY debate about Reggies performance.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I give him the benefit of the doubt because he's a freshman, but I think his performance can certainly be debated.

What scares me is that everyone is comparing him to Joe Hamilton. I think half of our fans fully expect him to end up being at least as good as Joe Hamilton, which is utterly ridiculous since JH was probably the greatest player to ever put on a Tech uniform. I think this association of Ball and Hamilton has clouded some people's judgement in assessing Ball's performance. I think another thing that clouds people's judgement on this is the fact that he is NOT AJ Suggs.

Anyway, only time will tell. I'm extrememly glad he's our QB, and glad he will be for 3 more years...

So far his freshman campaign has been more successful than not. The next 3 games will say a lot about the direction he's headed. Expectations for next year will be considerable higher.

Good point. Shawn Jones would be a more fair comparison. If we can keep Tenuta I think we might even have what it takes to make a run at a MNC with him under center.

I doubt if we will ask RB to do as much as the Fridge asked Joe to do. I doubt if he's ever asked to showcase the option like Joe did.

Back