Reggie will make a statement

GT65_UGA89 said:
Academic ineligibility stemmed from a mishap involving a paper he e-mailed from the site of a football game.

Ah,...the old " Hey, I emailed it to you. How am I supposed to know if you got it or not" defense I suppose.
Probably occurred in Athens. :laugher:

Whether he actually tried to send it our not, that could easily explain why no one knew until too late that he was in trouble.

It's a bit bizarre to say the least. I assume he e-mailed an assignment and it didn't get there. Shouldn't either student or professor followed up on this 'missing e-mail' if that was indeed the case.

Either a 'Reggie, can I see you after class' or 'Professor, I just want to make sure...'

If he e-mailed it, there is proof whether the recipient got it or not, right?
I would think that would have been explored already, if in fact the issue is missing mail.

Speaking as an experienced attempter of bull**** excuses, this is a bull**** excuse.

knoxjacket said:
Speaking as an experienced attempter of bull**** excuses, this is a bull**** excuse.

So very very true.

Some like to pretend otherwise about this even.

ncjacket: Whether he actually tried to send it our not, that could easily explain why no one knew until too late that he was in trouble. :rolleyes:

It's too late for that...

Mr.Ball has already made his "statement" many times over. Good luck in your future endeavors Mr.Ball and Merry Christmas as well.

Geetee. if you have a question why not ask it? My piont is if the problem was a missed assignment, and it was one that was due at the end of the semester, it possibly wouldn't show up in a progress report. Clear enough?

Well we all know the fact that Reggie can't count, maybe he doesn't know how to use a computer either

My Christmas wish will come true, I don't have to watch Reggie ****-up another game!!!!

knoxjacket said:

Just out of curiosity, knoxjacket, are you going to apologize IF the IT folks go through the email servers and find that Reggie did indeed try to email it and did so within the deadline and some glitch such as misspelled domain name or problem with an email server prevented it from getting in properly.

I don't expect this to be the case as I agree that it does sound like BS. But I guess I'm just a person who prefers to consider the possibilities that aren't too far-fetched (so if he had said the "dog ate my homework" I wouldn't really investigate that one but this one is plausible and I'd investigate) before I pronounce somebody a liar.

Maybe the current students or recent grads can comment on this, but I would think that there exists an SOP for immediate investigation for all students emailing work to a professor that somehow doesn't get there on time.

It's easy to check whether it was sent or not.
My guess is that RB was not penalized until this simple check was done.

Maybe not, pw. There's a poster on the Hive who's a Tech prof. He explained his process but it didn't sound like it's a standard, simply his process. He suggested that stuff gets hung up in the spam filters and that he goes to IT and has them resurrect anything that was blocked. They hate to do it according to him but will do in on request. But he has to initiate it. No idea whether the prof in question does the same thing or not. He/she may simply tell the student that it's their responsibility to get it to him/her and leave it at that.

I would think that there exists an SOP for immediate investigation for all students emailing work to a professor that somehow doesn't get there on time.
Did you go to Tech?

Dude.

Tech classes screw you any way they can, and have absolutely no interest in making things 'fair' or to your best interests. It's on purpose - its part of the shaft program, to toughen you for real life.

In CS1501, they comb 300 student's homework answers for similarities and fail anyone who's answers are too similar, assuming they cheated, without any other proof, or even mentioning it to them until after the semester is over.

That's Tech. That's the Tech I went to, anyways. Reggie's story isn't farfetched at all. Yes, a senior at Tech should have understood how shafttastic Tech is and got his stuff done beforehand. But don't think it couldn't happen. Anyone with a Tech degree has heard a story similar to that 5 times over.

Don't make me bring up Calc4.

beej67 said:
Did you go to Tech?

Dude.

Yes, but pre-internet. Thanks for calling me Dude though.

You think you had it tough??
Back in my day, the entire administration would gather as a group and roll all the near empty and flat beer kegs from the weekend at us from on top of the Hill as we poor matriculators tried to trek up to Skiles early Monday morning.
I tell ya, it was a living Hell.

Back