Reggie's run on video (link)

techfowl

Jolly Good Fellow
Reggie\'s run on video (link)

Some kind soul posted this at the Hive.

I must say it's a very athletic play and one of beauty, regardless of who we played against.

The Link

Re: Reggie\'s run on video (link)

Thanks for the link. It is a really nice run. If the DB on the weak side doesn't get sucked in then Reggie will be thrown for a loss or a gain of less than 5. A Win is a Win. I like outwitting the other guy also. I just think we need more meat and potatoes to live on. This is less likely to happen against a higher quality opponent with a killer instinct and more experienced players.

reggie ball leapt into the endzone from 3 yards out.

WOW

Thanks for the link. It was really skipping badly as I tried to play it from the link so I downloaded the file and played it on my hard-drive. Man, that kid has some jets!

BTW, if you don't know how to save it to your hard-drive, maybe this will help.
1. Follow the link above to the page on the HIVE.
2. Instead of clicking on the link there on the HIVE page, right-click on it and choose Save Target As...
3. TAKE NOTICE of where it will put the file on your hard-drive; then hit OK.
4. After the file finishes downloading, open Windows Explorer (HINT HERE: If you have a keyboard that has a key on the bottom that looks like a window, hold that down and hit the E key at the same time...that opens Windows Explorer) and navigate to the folder where you had the file download to. Now, double-click on that .mpeg file and you can now watch that play over and over without having to rely on that link's internet connection bandwidth.

Originally posted by TechRex:
[QB] This is less likely to happen against a higher quality opponent with a killer instinct and more experienced players.[/ QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Actually it has been there against every team I've seen us play (didn't see last week vs. clemson.) I've commented every game that he's going to pull it and run it naked soon, and it's going to be there.

Now that it's out there, teams will be better prepared and DB's or ENDs will be more prone to stay at home. But as soon as the coaches' up top see them tending to bite on the give, I hope that play is called again.

You are right that if their db doesn't get sucked in then he has a shot at RB. But that would have resulted in an interesting one-on-one situation. Could RB have juked him? Could the DB have slowed him up enough so that the pursuit could have reached him before he flew in from the three? I would love to see that scenario at a different time and in a different place. I would definitely opt for what happened instead of what might have happened.

REGGIE.....REGGIE.....REGGIE.....REGGIE!!!!

More of this kind of play calling will only help us down the stretch. I am personally looking forward to CG opening the offense with the no huddle on Saturday.

N.C. State coming to town this weekend, we have had pretty good luck with them in the past. Will it continue?

Back