Remainder of Season

jdubjacket

Dodd-Like
How does everyone think we'll end up the rest of the season? I think we should be able to take our next 4 opponents, Duke, VT, NC State, and UCONN. Duke b/c we'll want to exact revenge, I'm not terribly impressed with VT's offense and we've had NC State's number for a couple of years now. UCONN could actually bring a game this year looking at how they've been playing. I know they haven't really played anyone great but they play with alot of heart. UVA and UGA might create some problems for us however since they are both pretty damn good on both offense & defense. Given that the guys stay psyched up and Reggie stays smart, I think we could go 4-2 / 5-1 for the rest of the season. I don't think that we can beat UGA this year. UT exposed alot of weaknesses and now UGA is going to look to fix them. Plus, we have to play in dreaded Sanford Stadium.

There is no season. There is Duke. They are not a given no matter how much we'd like them to be. If and when we beat Duke, there may be a game added to the schedule, but not until then.

They will be ready for Duke, I'm sure of it. Embarrassment is a good motivator. We need to get on them early and put the boot down on their throats.

JMHO, but...

I firmly believe that "revenge" is way, way overhyped as a factor.

It doesn't matter one iota how badly you want something - if you don't do what is necessary to get it, you'll fall short. I know our team will want this one. The question is can they translate that into performance on the field. I hope so, but just because we got our butts whipped last year doesn't make this an automatic "W".

Re: JMHO, but...

Well, assuming that someone prepares out of revenge, might encourage them more.

Re: JMHO, but...

You are correct. I have had several post from the "revenge" angle, but that is more for fans. Players have to focus on their assignments. But I hope they will not forget as they prepare.
We need to be angry this Saturday, scream loud, make them know we are there.

Revenge as a motivator

[ QUOTE ]
I firmly believe that "revenge" is way, way overhyped as a factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I heard Maryland wanted revenge against us very badly for what we did to them last year. They apparently believed that we only beat them because they had some players out for injuries and that they made too many mistakes and so they owed us bigtime for that.

However, as was pointed out so aptly, revenge isn't always that great of a motivator. Maybe revenge can be a good tool to help get you more energized but you've got to have a good game plan and you've got to execute it well against any team out there in order to win on any given day.

Personally I hope that Chan and the coaches want revenge against Duke more than the players :)

Back