Remember Clemson 2006?

stinger78

Jacket by the grace of God.
That team was so jacked they were crying running down the hill. They were talented, but played the game of their lives that night. Miami was so jacked last night, it wasn't funny. They had a mission to rectify last year, and stop the losing to GT.

In both cases, you combine extreme motivation with sorry play on our part, and you get what you got. Miami and Harris running Whipple's offense is gonna be tough on any team, especially a young, marginally talented D like ours. We have to be honest. When I saw what they did to FSU's defense, I was concerned. Remember, all our D sees for most of the week is option.

We have to get ready on offense, though. I saw more missed blocks last night than I have since the last HS JV game I attended. Those guys have got to suck it up and get the job done. And while we're at it, can an A-back/WR please make a block, too?

We had a nice year after that CU loss. We can still have a nice one this year. But... this might just be a long year. Other teams know what they have to do now. If we can't block them, we ain't going nowhere.

I agree with you Stinger! The ABs and WRs blocked horrible last night. Worst blocking on the edge since PJ has been here. We had a TD called back b/c of a stupid block in the back and several plays would have gone for days if the AB could've gotten his man on the ground. The OL didn't do well, but our lack of execution blocking on the edge was a big reason for our anemic offense.

Back