Remember this guy????????????

2 Big Techsticles

Flats Noob
10038.jpg

STORY LINK - QB fit after shoulder surgery, grueling rehab

Hmmm, didn't Andy transfer in part due to promise shown by Bilbo in his first Fall practices, or was it Logan?

Now 6'-2" and 219 lbs. and just broke a school qb rushing record his first year there!

Reckon AJ would have done just as well though!?*%

Something to ponder next time someone wants to post the ole: The coaches know best...theory.

No I'm not implying the most recent moves weren't correct, just that this frequent banter about what people see at practices and how all-knowing coaches are bound to be correct is... well just not correct. THWG

I believe he transferred when it became apparent he was not going to get a chance to unseat AJ and Bilbo for the job. Looks like he has been successful which I applaud him for.

I am Glad Hall has regained his ability to throw. I hope he has a good year at Delaware.

If I remember right, Gailey was a little dissappointed that Hall left. He made some statement about his chances of playing. However, this is one of those cases where an athlete believes he can play, even if it is at a lower level school.

He probably found his level of competence at Delaware.

Father Time

GoldZ - let me see if I understand this correctly - are you comparing success at the QB position in Div-1AA with success at Div-1A ?

I wish Andy the best, but to say "Gee, the guy lead a Div 1AA team to a 6-6 record. I bet he would have outperformed the guy we had who lead a Div 1A team to a 7-6 record" is quite a stretch of something.

All in one idiot's opinion, of course.

Just a thought but IIRC Andy Hall intended to play baseball at Delaware as well. Pitcher. Arm.
Best of luck to him. Good kid.

TIAR,B, do you in your wildest dreams believe AJ could have rushed for almost 900 yards (school record) at Parkview, much less at a D-2 college!?

I was also pointing out back when Andy decided to leave, that ironically part of his decision was based on how high up on a pedastal Bilbo had been elevated as a freshman (sound familiar?).

Don't dis the lower division talent bases so quickly. You may want to revisit that after seeing Chris Woods at RB this year. THWG

Andy looked pretty good in the Seattle Bowl against the 9-2, no.11 ranked team in Div 1A. He was good enough to play at a Div 1A school and hell yes I think he could have performed better than Suggs in many situations. Just an opinion, may bear no resemblance to fact

GoldZ - thanks, I've seen Chris Woods already, and he will contribute this year.

Do I think AJ could have rushed for 900 yds? No, anymore than I don't think Andy Hall could have thrown for 2,000 for Tech.

Hall's leaving had nothing to do with Bilbo, and was as much academically related as anything else.

He also didn't throw 1 single pass against Stanford.

But I apreciate your vast insight.

2 bigs, your avatars have been about 2 bigguns lately. While i love the latest version, I am in favor of the last one. I would much rather be hit in the mouth by those!

Back