Reminder To Our Equipment Manager......

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Please pack the correct Shoes

I hope we were able to do a Walk Thru and figure out the proper shoes to wear

The Turf at MBS is very similar to Notre Dame's Artificial Turf, it is longer and some Players have had slipping issues in the past in other College Games (SEC-CG and CFP Games)

Don't overlook any details Guys

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Please pack the correct Shoes

I hope we were able to do a Walk Thru and figure out the proper shoes to wear

The Turf at MBS is very similar to Notre Dame's Artificial Turf, it is longer and some Players have had slipping issues in the past in other College Games (SEC-CG and CFP Games)

Don't overlook any details Guys
I hope they’ve figured it out, considering BDS has turf too.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I hope they’ve figured it out, considering BDS has turf too.
But the Turf at MBS has given College Teams issues when they play on it for the first time, I think the Turf has longer blades of fake grass or something

I knew GF had Turf

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
But the Turf at MBS has given College Teams issues when they play on it for the first time, I think the Turf has longer blades of fake grass or something

I knew GF had Turf
I work for the company that owns the company that manufactured that turf. I will get the info and will relay to team.

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
On the first version of GF Astroturf the main shoe used came with a premolded rubber sole that had little nibs on the bottom, similar to modern golf shoes. These shoes would literally lock down to the turf under pressure and I witnessed a couple of ACL tears by guys just making cuts running routes. Turf toe was very painful and common. A couple of players who didn't like the turf shoes tried to wear basketball shoes instead.

Of course we still played on natural grass fields so there were regular shoes with 7-8 large round stubs that came in different lengths and could be changed for field conditions. In high school we'd often show up with shoes with 1 inch stubs only to find the field was hard clay pack and the cleats would have minimal penetration. Not a good thing.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
On the first version of GF Astroturf the main shoe used came with a premolded rubber sole that had little nibs on the bottom, similar to modern golf shoes. These shoes would literally lock down to the turf under pressure and I witnessed a couple of ACL tears by guys just making cuts running routes. Turf toe was very painful and common. A couple of players who didn't like the turf shoes tried to wear basketball shoes instead.

Of course we still played on natural grass fields so there were regular shoes with 7-8 large round stubs that came in different lengths and could be changed for field conditions. In high school we'd often show up with shoes with 1 inch stubs only to find the field was hard clay pack and the cleats would have minimal penetration. Not a good thing.
Every kid had those shoes in the late 70's for baseball, whether you needed them or not. We thought those Astrodome shoes were cool

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Puma is the new hotness. Adidas’ older brother.

If you want to be edgy, go with Lotto.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Not only did the Turf Monster get our Guy, but he also got a UNC Guy when he should've broken away for a long gain , I think it was a pass play in the 4th qtr

Who could've guessed that MBS Stadium had longer Turf than traditional Turf Fields?

Hmmm let think about that?

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Not only did the Turf Monster get our Guy, but he also got a UNC Guy when he should've broken away for a long gain , I think it was a pass play in the 4th qtr

Who could've guessed that MBS Stadium had longer Turf than traditional Turf Fields?

Gosh. I heard GT was going to put you on salary to get access to your amazing insight but went with notpressmancoverage instead.

gtGreg768b

Elemenopee

Um sometimes players fall down?

He gave Sims the cleats with cold air thrusters in the heels, so I would lay off of the equipment manager.