Reseating=PATHETIC

law_bee

Dodd-Like
sting71
(5/7/03 5:34:23 pm )

This what 450 points will get you now. May 7 2:45pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Barely in section 104 row 28 six seats 1-6. I gave an extra $5000 and my seats are worse than last year. No indication of any demand for enhanced seating. People questioned if those seats would be available for single game purchase. Who knows? Wonder who will be sitting in those seats on game day? What will it look like with the camera looking across at the empty gold seats from the west stands? I saw no one that was happy. I know some that have 1000 points that were moved two sections away from their old seats.

I will stay for the next five years but that will be the end.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">HERE IS THE LINK

http://pub150.ezboard.com/fthehivefrm1.showMessage?topicID=12460.topic

you know I don't have the BIG points and I can accept a GT fan getting better seats because he is a STRONG contributer, but IF I SEE ANOTHER COLOR OTHER THAN GOLD IN THE PREMIUM SEATS I want an investigation.

This is early in the process but this is looking like a JOKE.

At a TIME where loyalty may be the most important thing it appears that the powers that be are throwing the fans to the wolves.

toilet_claw.gif

the most disturbing part is this guy gave $5000 just to be disappointed.

One thing they better realize is that almost EVERY game is televised and when you are sitting at home in front of your 36"+ TV it is like being on the 50 yd line w/o the rain.

I have a bad feeling this is going to be a NIGHTMARE b/f it is over.

The measuring stick will be HOW MANY PEOPLE NOT WEARING GOLD have a better seat than me.

If we see other teams fans in the "good" seats then we will know the fix is in.

Geez,

I don't pick my seats for two weeks!

At this rate, I'll be watching the games from Lyman Hall.

frown.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

It is so simple:

Either the powers that be are "out of touch"
or the powers that be don't care.

Either way:::::::::PITIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!
confused.gif

Because of family emergency I could not go down today. I mailed my form back and told the AA to pick for me. This will be interesting.

Geez I will probably wind up sitting in someones lap
shocked.gif
. Oh shoot I just remembered I not even pickin my seats in person!
pat.gif
I put down my three choices and mailed it back in
puke.gif

I'm a 21 year season ticket holder(every year since 1982). We've sat in the Lower West stands the entire time, north end of section 109 for the most part. I've contributed to the A-T Fund the last 9 years.
My appointment is May 21, and I was expecting to improve my seats with the reseating deal.
I'll be mighty upset if I don't maintain at least section 109. I had a feeling those suspicious enhanced seats were going to displace everybody, like when they added the club seats to the West stands a few years back.

Does anyone have any insight on what the actual sales have been like in the premium section? It just seems extreme to believe that everyone from Lower East is jumping over to the Lower West. If people have already been moved by two sections then it likely involved a lot more than just that the Lower East fans have moved over.

Also, Tech has one of the best schedules in years and I'm positive that has brought out a lot more big money players to buy tickets. So the sections behind the Tech bench between the 40's are going quick. Why does that surprise anyone? I wouldn't be surprised at all if some of those tickets open back up next year.

At least Tech is insuring that you get to keep your tickets for a few years. From what I've heard many of the big time schools only insure you get your tickets for the upcoming year. If someone out-donates you then you move further away.

I'm certainly not a fan of the AA's marketing and customer service prowess but I don't think they've done something horribly wrong with the reseating. They have probably done the best they could in balancing loyalty and financial support. I do think the premium seating section is before it's time but you had to see it coming when they decided to expand the stadium (something else that was before it's time). They have taken the position that if they build it they will come. We'll see if they are right.

Just for comparison here is another report which is pretty positive. One of the followups says that about half the premium seats have been sold. Living up here in NC I don't have season tickets and thus am not part of the process. But from afar it seems it is a lot easier for GT fans to get decent seats than it is at most major FB schools and a whole lot easier than the $$s required to get decent seats at the Dean Dome or Duke BB. Anyway for fair balance

Link http://pub150.ezboard.com/fthehivefrm1.showMessage?topicID=12477.topic

law_bee, you got it right, loyalty should be the focus, it's not, putting asses in seats is, but as someone said in this thread, a lot of those good seats will be probably available next year. This just increases the resentment that fans will feel toward GTAA, the coach, and the team. After all, it's not like GT is fielding a top 10 program where this kind of situation would be expected.

Originally posted by 71Bee:
Geez,

I don't pick my seats for two weeks!

At this rate, I'll be watching the games from Lyman Hall.

frown.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">71: I think we're going the same week ... and it looks like we'll be in the same boat as you. How disturbing this is for us DIEHARDS!! After what this program showed us last year, they should be GIVING US POINTS!!!

I have been a fan for almost 30 years now and I'm disappointed in GT non-awareness of who we are and how important we are to them!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
pat.gif

FYI...
To those who have not been yet. I just decided based on these postings to call the tix office and have them tell me if the seats I have had for the last 10 years have been sold yet. They told me no.

I would suggest based upon what's been said here, to get a better idea as to what to expect once you get there, call them the day before and have them tell you if you old seats are still available and it might give everyone a better idea as to what they will be dealing with before you go.

I'll probably check again next week, even though I go the week after.
pat.gif

Loyalty doesn't just apply to those who watch the games. You can be a loyal fan or a loyal donor, or perhaps both. Either way, the money that these donors give to the program are a significant reason why we are able to have such nice facilities and field competitive teams. They may go about their support for Tech differently but that doesn't mean that they don't support Tech as much, in some cases more, than you.

I go in two weeks as well and I have no doubt I will get tickets in an area where I can enjoy the games.

law, goldtoof and Ms. Tech, I'm really sorry you stand the chance of losing seats you've had for a long time; that sucks!

But I must object to your contention that GTAA doesn't care about fan loyalty. A-T gives 2 points per consecutive year of purchasing football season tickets since 1960. A-T gives 1 point per consecutive year of contributing to A-T since 1974. THAT is rewarding loyalty, not $$ given. My alma mater's version of A-T gives points for neither longevity category, and I know many other schools where it's not even considered.

Remember, I think it sucks that you might lose your seats; however, I wonder what it is you think the AA should do with people who have amassed more points than you?

Originally posted by catjacket:
law, goldtoof and Ms. Tech, I'm really sorry you stand the chance of losing seats you've had for a long time; that sucks!

Remember, I think it sucks that you might lose your seats; however, I wonder what it is you think the AA should do with people who have amassed more points than you?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I want to make one thing VERY clear. My problem will be if I see NON GT FANS in GOOD seats.

My point total is so low (just moved to atlanta in last few years) that I will probably be ok. When you plan on sitting in the clouds you are rarely disappointed.

However, when I read posts of people that state how they sat in the rain when we went 0-8 in conference I think those people need to be protected. (I am not one of those people)

I am trying to keep an open mind but I cannot believe that IF THE ABOVE POST (guy gives $5000 and loses ground) is true then I think we are headed for a PR disaster.

I read the posts how the "OTHER SCHOOL FANS" park in the premium parking lots and sit in the premium seats and get drunk and become JERKS.

I commented to one person about possibly taking photos at the Auburn game to see what COLORS are sitting where.

I AM NOT CONCERNED AT ALL ABOUT A GT FAN HAVING A BETTER SEAT THAN ME.

If I see someone wearing RED with a better seat (and I paid $5000) I would be pissed off.

Look at Auther Blank's way he handled the falcons. He dropped prices to $10/seat, because he knew that fans would respect that and fill up his stadium.

If you are going to give the seats to other schools then you better have a DAMN GOOD PRODUCT on the field otherwise all that frustration is going to come pouring out.

catjacket,

Not bad!

How about another 10 pts if you were lucky enough to graduate from Tech.

And, how about a corporate point tally scheme, for corporate/group purchases. Maybe seat them in a block area separate from individual contributors.

71, if I'm understanding you correctly, you want a 20 point Alumnus credit (instead of 10 as it currently is). That's not a bad idea considering how hard it is to get this degree!

I don't think Corporations are allowed to join A-T under a corporate name, so it might be tough to track. There is an existing system for groups: they're seated based on the average points of group members. Also, I believe (but I might be wrong) that all group members must be A-T members.

I have one...
how about non-Tech grads who have been season tix holders (consecutively) for 15+ years or more with an extra 3-5 points per year. We make up a lot of the fans in the stands.

Previous to our current ticket manager was Leigh Taylor. Two years ago I talked to her about season tix and she told me that 60% of Tech's season tix holders were not grads.

I think 71Bee's idea of 20 points for being a grad is excellent as well.

Legit questions, Ms. Tech:

1. Is it your contention that consecutive years of FB season tix purchases should be worth more to non-GT grads than to GT grads?

2. Is it your contention that being loyal via ticket purchases carries more weight of ownership in the football program than does $$$ donation.

3. If the A-T point system changes to put more weight on loyalty (and assuming that ticket $$$ goes to operating expenses), how does A-T raise $$$ to fund athletic scholarships?

Originally posted by catjacket:
71, if I'm understanding you correctly, you want a 20 point Alumnus credit (instead of 10 as it currently is). That's not a bad idea considering how hard it is to get this degree!

I don't think Corporations are allowed to join A-T under a corporate name, so it might be tough to track. There is an existing system for groups: they're seated based on the average points of group members. Also, I believe (but I might be wrong) that all group members must be A-T members.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">catjacket,

For all tickets holders, a max # of tickets that can be purchased should be set. Also, group/corporate ticket holders should have a higher point total required for seating with individuals purchasing 4 or less tickets.

Back