Retro Wallpaper

Wreck Em

Dodd-Like
Just something I threw together during the quarantine using the 1981-89 Buzz logo.
Desktop and Mobile versions available.
Not sure if it deserved it's own thread but didn't know where else to put it.
I can do requests too since there's not much else to do.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
You did an awesome job with the old buzz logo as usual but it would be a massive understatement to say that is not my favorite version of buzz.

Wreck Em

Dodd-Like
You did an awesome job with the old buzz logo as usual but it would be a massive understatement to say that is not my favorite version of buzz.
Everybody has their own favorites. It is my favorite but I fully admit it's for sentimental reasons because my grandfather had a mug with it and made me a toy Ramblin Wreck as a child with that logo on a sticker on the back tire.

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
We did use the Wreck more before. We were known as The Ramblin Wreck forty or fifty years ago. Someone decided to push the Yellow Jacket later.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
My mind wandered. I thought about when we were the Golden Tornado, but there are no good images of a Golden Tornado logo.

Then I thought what our logo should be.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Just something I threw together during the quarantine using the 1981-89 Buzz logo.

That’s my new lock screen. Love it

GT flunkout

held in very high esteem
Staff member

My favorite buzz and my favorite GT logo (helmet). Really wish we used it on everything.

FHstinger

Dodd-Like

Wrong. The early '80's Buzz was black and yellow, not beige. It didn't last long because it looked more like a bumble bee than a yellow jacket hornet.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Wrong. The early '80's Buzz was black and yellow, not beige. It didn't last long because it looked more like a bumble bee than a yellow jacket hornet.
If it didn’t look like the above, then it was wrong. That looks awesome and should replace Disney Buzz.

Wreck Em

Dodd-Like
No it is. The lighting I used for the 3d effect just lowered the saturation. It was in use from 81 through 89, but the new buzz was introduced in 87, leading to a slow fade out of this older yellow jacket.

GT flunkout

held in very high esteem
Staff member
It didn't last long because unfortunately people fell in love with the current Buzz, which doesn't look any more like a yellow jacket hornet, but is so popular every single high school with a bee or yellow jacket mascot tries to use it.

DeepSnap

Flats Noob
He wasn't yet called "Buzz"..... that little guy (or more specifically a cartoon version therefore drawn by an Atlanta artist/cartoonist) in the OP, mainly famous for being on the cover of home football programs many years before the '80s, was simply known as "Tecky."

Last edited: