*** REVISED *****Kelton Dawson NOT returning.....

Seems the author of the tweet and/or article is only aware that Dawson is no longer in the portal, which is correct. He is assuming Dawson is returning to the team, which from my understanding is incorrect.

Some hard hitting journalism

Our guys haven’t had the most success in the portal.
This is my shocked face.

And I don’t intend that as a slight against the players. I’m just not surprised that other schools do not want to take a risk on a guy who was recruited to play on an option team (regardless of O or D) and suffered a coaching change that made it look like a lot of those guys cannot play or are undersized.

This is my shocked face.

And I don’t intend that as a slight against the players. I’m just not surprised that other schools do not want to take a risk on a guy who was recruited to play on an option team (regardless of O or D) and suffered a coaching change that made it look like a lot of those guys cannot play or are undersized.
Made it look like?

Is it really good news? I suspect he was transferring because he was buried on the depth chart. You don't want upperclass players buried on the depth chart eating scholarships.
Again defending the OP. If KD was returning, that would have been an indication he would not be buried in the depth and would have contributed. But as much as this staff cares about players, competition is king and you need to pull your weight as an upperclassman.

Made it look like?
Yes. I don’t think that all of our guys are incapable of playing non-option football. I do think that it’s a tough transition for them and unfair to put it all on the relative abilities of the players.

Started a couple games for us a last year I believe. 6’3 260. Sucks that he’s not playing.

as for our guys in the portal, Lucas wasn't in it long before landing at SDSU.
Did Benson ever land anywhere? He did blow out the knee twice, so that will scare off a lot.
Surprised Malloy hasn't found a home, at least not one that I have heard.
Likewise, I don't know if Bonds, a four star DB, ever entered the portal or where he wound up.

The transfer portal hasn't been around all that long. Was Dotson ever in the portal before he wound up at FAU and now at FSU?

Back