Revised Predictions

GTRules

You’re Mamma
Nope, which is why Clemson was not consistently competing for the natty until they got Scott and Elliot(venables) there and retained them because the can pay those Gus mid tier g5 coaches salaries. Scott left for USF. I’d wager Clemson regresses if dabo loses the other two guys and doesn’t hire like for like replacements.
So a team can be successful even if the head coach isn't really a great coach?

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Crazy to predict this team to be around .500. We were fixing terrible last year and got
Lucky AF to win the 3 games we did. We were a few plays from being 0-12. We also got completely run out of the building by some very mediocre teams. The 2015 team was a competitive bunch at 3-9, the 2019 wasn’t very competitive

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Nope, which is why Clemson was not consistently competing for the natty until they got Scott and Elliot(venables) there and retained them because the can pay those Gus mid tier g5 coaches salaries. Scott left for USF. I’d wager Clemson regresses if dabo loses the other two guys and doesn’t hire like for like replacements.
Anyone that doesn’t think Dabo is a good coach is off their rocker. He’s pretty much the model of what you want as a CFB head coach.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Last coach left a JUCO rost
Anyone that doesn’t think Dabo is a good coach is off their rocker. He’s pretty much the model of what you want as a CFB head coach.
There's a number of posters ITT off their rockers.

User 10337

It doesn't matter how much Collins upgrades our talent. The fact of the matter is that he cannot coach, and you can't win without good coaching. I expect similar results as last year at best.

I look at what Mack Brown did at UNC, and at what Satterfield did at Louisville last year in their first year. Then I observe what Collins did at Tech and his results. This is my honest opinion.
You are severely underestimating just how bad the players were. Uncoachable, those chaps.

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
Not interested in anymore excuses, only results on the field.
Dawg in disguise! No real Tech fan could possibly way under estimate the difficulty of the changeover last year. Even the national sportswriters could figure out how ugly it was going to be for a year or three.
The loss of spring practice is going to kill us this year, providing another impediment to growth but I am hopeful.
So much more to stay but I am done on this response.

FHstinger

Dodd-Like
Dawg in disguise! No real Tech fan could possibly way under estimate the difficulty of the changeover last year. Even the national sportswriters could figure out how ugly it was going to be for a year or three.
The loss of spring practice is going to kill us this year, providing another impediment to growth but I am hopeful.
So much more to stay but I am done on this response.
more lame excuses

more lame excuses.

And you're wrong. I'm a 37 year GT season ticket holder from 1982-2018, but dream on about the head coach.

Last edited:

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
ESPN FPI, FWIW, had us at 4-5 wins for the 11 game season.
That was before Rousseau bailed on the campaign, however.

It'll be interesting what kind of step Louisville takes in year two under Satterfield. Petrino coached them in the direction he rides motorcycles. Right into the pavement.
(and rewatched our Louisville game from a couple of years ago recently. Petrino was barking at the refs. Orlovsky starts talking about how Petrino is still coaching his team hard. I thought, no he isn't. He's screaming at the refs for another deserved flag because his team is particularly uncoached. It also cemented to me that if you string enough cliches together and repeat the same s--- others do, you too can get a network job. But I digress....)

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
more lame excuses

more lame excuses.

And you're wrong. I'm a 37 year GT season ticket holder from 1982-2018, but dream on about the head coach.
What kind of Tech fan could possibly be so firm on a coach just starting?

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
Probably 3 or 4 games, I don't think we'll play UCF

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
more lame excuses

more lame excuses.

You must have loved Bill Curry for his first three years.