Rewatching the Game

Linebacker #50 was talking lots of öööö in 1st half.

Just fired up the skycam... this is DEFINITELY the way to watch our offense. Thanks for the suggestion.
Makes you feel like you're right in the game, with the crowd noise and all...good stuff

Watching sky cam now. Do they run this feed live? Would be cool to have two monitors side by side, one running the TV broadcast and one streaming sky cam.

Skycam is nice and 50 shut up in 2nd half.

I always found that the best way to quiet a shiit-talker is to not give 'em any shiit to talk about. Makes you look stoopid if you keep talking and your team is getting spanked.

Going to really miss this dude. Hopefully Shamire steps up and starts slaying people. Thanks Shaq!

Tough to lose Shaq, for sure. But coaches say Devine is ahead of Shaq at the same stage and expect him to be even better. We have a ton of depth returning and are about to develop even more. Best shape our OL has been in for years.

Tough to lose Shaq, for sure. But coaches say Devine is ahead of Shaq at the same stage and expect him to be even better. We have a ton of depth returning and are about to develop even more. Best shape our OL has been in for years.

In limited playing time this year Shamire shows the ability to just physically dominate any d lineman at the point of attack. If he continues his upward track of being in game shape he may become the best O lineman Tech has seen in a long time. He has all the physical tools, he and Coach Sisk just need to make sure he's ready for ready for 70 snaps a game! :biggrin:

The whole 2nd half was the Shaq Mason show.

overall the blocking was really good. the guys worked extremely hard

and they overcame a ton of adversity. a bunch of injuries, the bad call on the fumble

after rewatching, i have to say that while we dominated the 3rd quarter and played at least even in the 4th quarter, if Miss St had taken advantage of our mistakes like we took advantage of theirs in the first half (especially with the bad fumble call against us) they should have perhaps been leading at the half

their QB missed wide open WRs when we had a few busted coverages (just like against FSU, but Jameis hit those throws)

we got a bit fortunate that they could not take advantage of our mistakes while we made their turnovers count against them big time!

and they were fortunate to get that hail mary (even though they practice it, it might not be "luck" but it still a very low percentage attempt)

and trying to tackle JT5 in open space is like Heisenberg trying to locate an electron

Never watched the skycam feed before. This is really cool. It feels almost cinematic.

Worth it.

And btw, I recommend watching the Skycam replay on WatchESPN. There are some great views of the offense you don't get to see.

Excellent recommendation. I learned more about how our offense works from those skycam views than all the network & ESPN video highlights put together. Especially interesting is the 'heavy' formation (extra O-lineman) and running the option with both WRs on the same side of the ball.

Would like to see the footage analyzed by someone who really knows this offense.

I haven't re-watched to be able to know for sure, and I don't think they ever showed a replay, but when I was watching it live I and everyone I was with thought Summers caught it between his legs.
If you do I hope you can stop and replay to marvel at the speed and ballet-like option. Really remarkable. Then look at how slowly MS unfolds its read option. Even by shotgun/read option standards it was ridiculously slow and it's hard to see how they fooled or delayed any defenders with it. (Oregon on the other hand, well.) I'd guess Roof spent a lot of time breaking down game film and scheming his defense.

The ab running up the middle was wide open and would've been an easier throw-catch.

i agree but at least we scored
sometimes you make the wrong read, if you can still make something of it then thats still ok

Never watched the skycam feed before. This is really cool. It feels almost cinematic.

It's how I watch every game when possible. It gets bonus points for no dumb announcers. Skycam + Brandon and Roddy is the best.

Back