Rhino...

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
I saw him catching punts yesterday and he looked awful. He was trying but was hobbling and limping around. Gailey said individuals laid down, certain ones. Maybe so. But for the guys who played hard until there were 4 zeros on the clock, they have heart and pride. I refuse to give up on this team.

BDG, with that attitude we will never be good. If I was the only fan in Bobby Dodd Stadium watching the games, I would still pull hard for our guys. A great basketball coach named Jim Valvano once said
"Don't give up, Don't ever give up."

Originally posted by gtfan1147:

"Don't give up, Don't ever give up."
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well the coach gave up yesterday. We were down 24-0 and he sends in Bilbo. Now keep in mind, Bilbo supposedly has not been good enough to play all year and all of a sudden he is coming into a game and he has to score 4 touchdowns. Explain to me the rationale behind that decision. Either a) Bilbo has been good enough all year and Gailey finally decided Suggs wasn't the answer or b) Gailey knew we were not going to win so he wanted to get Bilbo some experience.

Wrecked, I can't explain yesterday. I was a firm believer that we would go into Sanford Stadium and upset the Bulldogs. My point is if the fans give up then out players are certain to. For those of you who disagree with me answer this question: Why am I acting like such a fair weather fan?

Go ahead. Don't be shy. Ask yourself. Why am I such a fair weather fan?

Wrecked, I think it's easy. He was trying to get something going and figured why not. Obviously Saturday, no matter what he and/or BOB really think about either of our QBs, Suggs wasn't getting it done. If he had stayed with him some people would say he had given up. So here he tries something different and you think that means he gave up.

I don't mind people being critical of the coaches because they definitely deserve it, but don't try to read so much into stuff. The truth is usually much simpler than we try to make it out to be.

Back