Richt will get to impress FSU for later good

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
How many times have you seen a school hire a coach after being beaten by that same coach. Everyone is impressed when a good coach beats your team. That same coach finds himself on your short list of possible hires when the time comes to replace one. Bowden's days are numbered, and all FSU fans will have their eyes squarely on Coach Richt come Jan. 1.
I'm hoping UGA runs the score up on FSU. It will pay dividends in 1 or 2 years.
BOO

i hope you're wrong!

it will be very ironic if that happens, if for no other reason than the fact that many MANY free shoes fans "warned" us about richt when he came to athens. for them to want him back would be pretty funny.

i've heard that he's staying. he says he is. i believe that he has more integrity than franchionne, but we'll see!

I just don't see Richt going anywhere.
I mean, why make this move ?
He can recruit as well at UGA,
and because of academics, theres less
competetion for GA recruits, etc etc
Plus, he didn't have to worry about replacing
a legacy. I could seriously see him at UGA for
a looooong time

Having said that, I doubt that every year
will go down like this year. I agree that
UGA is well coached etc (in fact, anybody noticed
how NCSU and UGA look more like FSU than FSU ?) - they certianly showed me a lot this season -
but I have allready seen dawg fans kind of assuming 9 win seasons from now on, and it ain't THAT easy.....

BDG? Huh?

I seriously don't know what you are talking about.

Who has hired a coach that beat them? I seriously don't know of one. I am not arguing with you at all? I simply don't know of a program that has done that.

yellowfalcon56 -

My ignorance is duly noted!

Gold Rush -

I agree with you. Richt waited 16 years to make a move. He has had plenty of opportunities to be a HC at other programs, but UGA fit exactly what he is looking for both professionally and personally.

Richt has the opportunity to build his own "dynasty" (for lack of a better word) and make a name for himself. He would be insane to go back to FSU and live under the long shadow of Bobby Bowden. "I will be at UGA as long as they want me." The difference between Mark Richt and Dennis Franchione is that Richt means what he says and says what he means. His word is everything to him.

UGA can't win the SEC Championship every year and go 12-1 - no program can (except maybe Miami, but they pay their players ;-P), I'm much more comfortable knowing we have a mean leading our program that has integrity and class.

the future can shock, humble, infuriate ..
who knows what the future holds?

no alabama fan would have thought that Franchione was not a man of integrity a year ago ..

a year ago Franchione was being worshipped in Alabama like Richt in Athens today.
so a year ago Franchione was a man of integrity ..

who knows what will happen a year from now?

That is always true but Coach Fran also already had track record of brief stays. CMR, as has been pointed out, has had other opp's but not taken one until us.
Better to have him and worry a smidge about his possibly leaving, then having a coach that some want to leave.
wink.gif

HBTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back