ring sellers acquitted

ylojk8

Helluva Engineer
ring sellers at UGAg go scot free. no harm done.
NCAA cites lack of precedent. LMAO!

the NCAA is the most ridiculous entity i have ever encountered in my life.

Doesn't that mean that THIS is the precedent for all subsequent incedents? At least with those guys being eligible they don't have any excuses for the 4 to 6 losses they are gonna have this year.

Has anyone had the thought pass through their head that this was a set-up by a booster? If the players wanted money, the boosters could go into Ebay, bid the prices up on the rings and buy the rings.

Once the players get the money, the booster/boosters could give the rings back to the players at a later date and have them put them away until they graduate.

A proposed legal way to feed money to the players. I wonder if players are selling other items on Ebay?

Father Time
wink.gif

This wasn't set up by a booster as the players didn't put the rings on ebay themselves. Some dealer bought the rings from them and then he put them on ebay. While I agree that it could potentially be used to funnel booster money, that wasn't the case here.

The NCAA cited lack of precidence and that the rules were unclear. From now on, the rules have been clarified and it will be a violation.

Originally posted by NightFighterDawg:
This wasn't set up by a booster as the players didn't put the rings on ebay themselves. Some dealer bought the rings from them and then he put them on ebay. While I agree that it could potentially be used to funnel booster money, that wasn't the case here.

The NCAA cited lack of precidence and that the rules were unclear. From now on, the rules have been clarified and it will be a violation.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Some dealer? What relationship does this dealer have with the players? Is he a booster? Since he's a dealer, does that mean he also sells pot? That would explain a lot.

do we really care about your booster conspiracy theory? Ugag got there players back...us on the other stand no chance.

Thanks Gailey, Braine, and Moore.

Originally posted by NightFighterDawg:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">what can i say .. University of Georgia .. pioneering the realm of NCAA infractions. going boldly where no school has gone before.

Apparently Richt is going to give them a slap on the wrist and turn a blind eye. He's a peach.

Actually, this isn't "cutting edge violations." There is a precident, just not the precident the NCAA wanted. In '99, Murton Anthony sold his NCAA Championship ring on EBay and the NCAA ruled that he shouldn't lose any eligibility. They decided that they want to change their earlier decision, though, so they are citing this case as precident, which isn't exactly true.

As for the dealer, he was not a booster, nor was he trying to give them an excessive amount of money. He was making plenty of money off of the rings by paying them significantly less than what he got/would've gotten on Ebay.

The "slap on the wrist UGAG". Interesting, I wonder what their new basketball coach would do - he sounds like a very no nonsense man and will not tolerate anything!

GeeTee, you asked who cares about the ring situation. It is obvious I had a thought about it, or I would not have posted my remark.

If you don't care, don't read the post. Better yet, if you don't care, then why don't you keep your comments to yourself and drown in your own misery regarding your dislike for Tech and its leaders.

Lets get this straight, you don't tell me what is and is not important to post on here. Who made you the board monitor?

Grow up!

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Fwiw, I think that Richt may make sure these kids are in especially good shape by this fall!

drinking.gif

Back