RIP Lester Simerville - Another of Dodd's Boys (Link)***

InDoddwetrust

Varsity Lurker
Thanks for sharing deep snap. Life is like a vapor. Looks like he had a very fulfilling life.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
As a kid we were neighbors to his future wife.

When he came by he never hesitated to toss the pigskin with a bunch of admiring kids.

Great guy that seemed to have lived a great life.

ramblin57

Varsity Lurker
Great guy, worked with Lester and Neal Williams on surveying crew(summer job) and spent time with him at Lake Rabun during that same period. You won't find 'em any better, RIP my friend.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
As a kid we were neighbors to his future wife.

When he came by he never hesitated to toss the pigskin with a bunch of admiring kids.

Great guy that seemed to have lived a great life.
So many of Dodd's boys seemed to be cut from the same cloth.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
You would be hard pressed to find another group of players more successful in life than those from the Dodd era
Players from that era, with the extraordinary diploma in hand, coupled with Dodd's brand of mentoring leadership, created a formidable network for life after football.

Essobee

A Light In The Darkness
I met Lester while at Tech. He was a great guy and fine player. Like so many other of Dodd's boys, he will be greatly missed.

donsue

Flats Noob
I
I met Lester while at Tech. He was a great guy and fine player. Like so many other of Dodd's boys, he will be greatly missed.
I was only able to experience as a kid the end years of the Dodd era. I would have loved to have seen the golden era of the 50s. Was fortunate enough to know some of those guys.