RIP Notre Dame Recruiting

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
A&M, Florida, and ND? Interesting. Bama still squeaky clean but direct challenges to Bama (besides UGA interestingly and even there we are seeing smoke) seems to keep getting caught.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
A&M, Florida, and ND? Interesting. Bama still squeaky clean but direct challenges to Bama (besides UGA interestingly and even there we are seeing smoke) seems to keep getting caught.
What do you think all those extra coaches are doing on the Alabama staff? Informing the NCAA gestapo.

DeepSnap

Flats Noob
Aside from the service academies, is ND the last to fall from the "never been on probation" (AKA "Never Been Caught") crowd?

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
While this may seem like good news to those who do not like Notre Dame, this underscores the growing disparities between the haves and the have Nots in “college” football—-which is increasingly much more football than anything related to an education beyond high school. The NCAA is complicit in the creation of select NFL Farm programs like Bama, Clemson, UGA and OSU at the expense of any colleges that pose a threat to their recruiting. It is long past time that programs like Alabama and Georgia whose college exists only to support a football program break away from the reminder of college football. We were required to take down an ACC championship banner that we won barely over a silly T-shirt. Does anyone actually believe that would ever have happened to the University of Alabama or University of Georgia?

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
He took a picture with a recruit
P5 schools just need to break away from the NCAA. Allow whatever. Anyone who doeant want to at the $$$$ game can just go back to amateur football.

GCdaJuiceMan

Flats Noob
While this may seem like good news to those who do not like Notre Dame, this underscores the growing disparities between the haves and the have Nots in “college” football—-which is increasingly much more football than anything related to an education beyond high school. The NCAA is complicit in the creation of select NFL Farm programs like Bama, Clemson, UGA and OSU at the expense of any colleges that pose a threat to their recruiting. It is long past time that programs like Alabama and Georgia whose college exists only to support a football program break away from the reminder of college football. We were required to take down an ACC championship banner that we won barely over a silly T-shirt. Does anyone actually believe that would ever have happened to the University of Alabama or University of Georgia?
Don’t forget LSU and Odell simply handing out cash after the national championship. I remember reading about the NCAA looking into it but here we are a year later and I can’t find anything...

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
I like how the NCAA clutches its pearls because Brian Kelly allowed a photo when approached and asked, but there's an entire sub-culture of bag men meeting at Denny's with burner phones to discuss which players are getting which used cars, and the NCAA turns a blind eye.

Just pay them already so we can be honest with ourselves.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I like how the NCAA clutches its pearls because Brian Kelly allowed a photo when approached and asked, but there's an entire sub-culture of bag men meeting at Denny's with burner phones to discuss which players are getting which used cars, and the NCAA turns a blind eye.

I get a 15% discount at Denny's with my AARP card.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
So let me get this straight:

Notre Dame openly distributes steroids in their locker room... NCAA luvs Notre Dame
Notre Dame gang-rapes co-eds and one kills herself... NCAA luvs Notre Dame
Notre Dame sends a student up an open unsafe tower during gale force winds and kills him... NCAA luvs Notre Dame
Notre Dame sez hi and lets photo get taken... NCAA sez that'll cost ya

Last edited:

Olgoldandwhie

Flats Noob
I figure this is a token gesture for:
1-Showing the world we actually do enforce rules
And/or
2-They found something a lot more serious and worked out a deal with the Irish.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like

Do our bagmen meet at the Waffle House?

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
So what happens when they put you on double secret probation, anyway? No more toga parties?

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Don’t forget LSU and Odell simply handing out cash after the national championship. I remember reading about the NCAA looking into it but here we are a year later and I can’t find anything...
An LSU booster was literally convicted in a court of law for embezzlement because he funneled $180,000 from a cancer charity to the parents of a recruit. Again, PROVEN in a court of law. NCAA does nothing and allows LSU to win a national championship.

LSU self-imposed a bowl ban in 2020 after losing 5 games. Problem solved to the NCAA.