Rivals in the San An paper this AM

oldfoggy

Dodd-Like
I just read the San Antonio paper this AM and they listed the Rivals top 50 in the nation and the top 50 here in Texas. More than half did not show commits as of today. Whats more important to us is they did not list Tech as having a single commit of these top 50 either here in Texas or in the nation. So my concern is, if we are recruiting nationally why does Rivals not list one, not even one commit to Tech.

shocked.gif

Over the last 20 years you can count on one hand the number of top 50 national recruits we signed. I'm really don't believe there has been even one. In Texas the shear number of players are so much greater than in Georgia that the Number 50 player in Texas would be equal to about the #25 in Georgia. I dare say we might have signed no more than 15 or 20 of the top 25 in Georgia over the last 10 years. That is also one reason I go by the actual offers the kids get as opposed to the recruiting services!

This could easily fall under the 'mess in recruiting' thread already on this board.
We also only have two Super Southern 100, Ball & Grant with Ball being also 1 of the only 3 we have from the Ga Top 50.
Look at where we are NOW in recruiting & decide for yourself if this is the type recruiting to win the ACC.
Remember, Virginia, Maryland, NC St & NCar are having banner years in recruiting. They will soon be joined by another strong FSU class. Vir, Md & FSU had strong classes last yr, also.

GT commitments so far

Back