Rix out for Sugar Bowl

TeamBuzz

Varsity Lurker
Could ugag get any luckier this year?

Word is he "forgot" to go to a final exam?
The Gators say this is the result of a "Deion Sanders rule" imposed by the administration not the Athletic Dept.
I don't know the truth...that's just what I'm reading down here.

I heard it was an academic problem. He missed a final exam or something and is not eligible for the bowl game.

IMO, this means that FSU's proverbial "Goose" is cooked. UGA will stomp that arse now. Rix, when he's on, gives FSU a decent chance against anyone. Without him and McPherson...well, I'd say that this will wind up like the SECC game.

You gotta give Bowden and FSU props for this action; they could have finessed a missed exam some way or other, and lots of schools would have. Looks good for the ACC too.

Too bad for Rix and FSU. Good that they owned up to it. ACC STILL has more class and character than SEC now and forever!

We should just chalk it up as a "L", give UGA their props for this year and get ready to whip their flea-infested tails next November at newly expanded BDS!!!

UP WITH THE WHITE AND GOLD! DOWN WITH THE RED AND BLACK!!!!

Have they said who is the likely starter for FSU?

This really sucks because I take a bet each year where I take all the ACC teams and all the SEC opponents.

Somebody said Fabian Walker would start. He was a fairly highly touted QB but has taken only 8 snaps this year for FSU.

Fabian was a great athlete in high school. Not sure how good a QB he is at this point, but he will bring a lot of athleticism to the position. A heck of a lot better than the guy who replaced Weinke in the national championship game against UT a few years ago.

Many felt that Fabian W should have been the 2nd string after AD refused to go into the UVA game earlier this year.

The fans were high on this guy after the spring game last year, but for some reasons the coaches never bought into it (almost similar to Bilbo for us)

Actually this could make this game more interesting. This game will rest on F$U's D. If they can stop Greene-Shockley anything can happen.

I sure am glad I have not typed in my picks for the contest yet!

Bellyseries et al.

This does not give props to "Bowden and Company"
Beieve it or not, it is a State law. This was outside of Bobby's "forgive and score a TD" hands.
so sayeth the article in the AJC and the UF boards.
Just goes to show how screwy this state is.

Anyway..Fabian Walker hasn't played much, so expect the vanilla offense.

The way I see it this just gives Fabian Walker the chance to step to the forefront. Rix should be dimissed, not just suspended.

Dismissed, not just suspended? That's pretty harsh for sleeping through a final. I had a buddy accidentally sleep through a final but the professor let him make it up. It happens.

I'm guessing 1 of 2 things happened. Rix missed the final and came to the professor with an attitude expecting him to allow him to make it up. Or, the professor refused to let him make it up because he didn't want to appear like he was favoring football players.

Regardless, Rix screwed up and deserves to be suspended, but dismissing him would be a little much...particularly when we don't know the whole situation.

Rix Van Winkle!

This really sucks for UGA. In the beginning we had a possible shot to play an outstanding USC squad and then the Orange Bowl stepped in, sending a 4 loss FSU team to the Sugar Bowl. It was a no win situation for Georgia before Rix became ineligible and now it is even worse. If Fabian Walker steps in and has a miracle game to beat us, we look like fools.

Originally posted by DawgByte:
we look like fools.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I thought that came natural for dawgs.

A couple of points:

1. You couldn't possibly look as bad as TECH did against Ugag (remember 51-7)....so we can't feel sorry for you.

2. You are playing a team that is the ACC champion; a team that stomped Florida....that beat them dawgs.

If you are truly foolish enough to think that they are not a worthy opponent, then you think it at your own peril.

But, you are very lucky that this happened because it actually gives them dawgs a chance to win. I say FSU smacks you anyway.

FSU is ABSOLUTELY a team that can beat UGA. The media perception right now, though, is that FSU isn't even in the same league with us. That's the problem. If we win by 20, it was because FSU stinks and shouldn't have been there anyway. Its a no win situation for us. FSU is very able to beat UGA...its just the media doesn't think so.

Dawgbyte, the "Rix Van Winkle" remark is hilarious.

However, you made a huge error in posting, "we look like fools".

Oh well, win some, lose some!

laugh.gif

Back