Road Trips to Blacksburg -

Father WASP

Flats Noob
Assuming there isn't lightening and we finally play one in Blacksburg, here's what to expect:

-good food - anyplace that is south of the mason-dixon line, knows what you mean when you order sweet tea, and has a few BBQ joints is welcome.

-as home of the resident scholar and author on Stonewall Jackson, they can't be all bad.

-A town where no one will say a word to those of us still flying the Confederate flag.

-two bands. VPI still has a military section of the college much like A&M. Adds some color to the college scene.

-Scenary. If you can avoid a breakdown in places like Burt Reynolds encountered in "Deliverance", things can be quite beautiful on the drive up.

-Noise. Instantly, FSU will be challenged as the noisest place to play.

-True, no one knows what a Hokie is, but the true meaning of a Tar Heel just got redefined in the last week and it ain't too pretty. Besides, Buzz has no competition so a turkey strikes no fear!

yea, father. I was hoping the ACC would invite VT, goin up their is a bunch of fun

It's a great trip. I had the most fun I've had on that trip. It is also a very easy trip as well. I don't know why folks talk about it being hard to get to. Very easy drive, the place is right off the highway.

Axe, it is a very good trip if going by car. I think the major problem might be accessibility by air and possible limited accomodations to any staying overnight.

smile.gif

The drive up there is a nice trip. We went up though Knoxville and found it a much better drive than the eternally "under construction" I-85 to Raleigh/Durham. I hear airline accomodations are awful.

Back