Run the bum out of town....

bugboy

Damn Good Rat
There, now I have everyone's attention. Hey, does anyone realize that we actually have a bowl game this year? I took the time to look up some numbers on our opponent and here's what I found.

Total Offense
Tech 377
FSU 374

Pass Offense
Tech 210
FSU 246

Scoring Offense
Tech 21.6
FSU 26.8

Scoring Defense
Tech 19.8
FSU 27.5

These are just a few general stats. BTW, FSU's record is 8-5. They did close the season winning their last 4 games, so they're on somewhat of a roll, unlike us.:-(

Anyway, I like our chances against a team that gives up 27.5 points a game. That's not much of a defense, if you ask me. Too bad the game is in their home stadium. But I think we'll win anyway and wind up 8-5.

There. Now, those of you who are inclined can go back to your chan-hate.
blue.gif

bug, I agree, our defense give us the edge in this game. If our OL is physically 100%, which it wasn't for FSU, Duke, and UGag, we might light it up a little.

GO JACKETS!!!

Bugboy, your use of the letters FSU made me realize we can beat the dawgs and FSU all in the same game!

wink.gif

At this point, my feeling is just get a win, regardless. I don't care if we win 9-6 or 41-40, just win. The players need to feel good about themselves and certainly, the coaching staff needs a better effort. Both of these things can and will help recruiting efforts as well as fans' attitudes heading into the spring.

Originally posted by bugboy:
Too bad the game is in their home stadium.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Um, it's not. It's in San Jose, about 150 miles from their home stadium.

Originally posted by mm42:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by bugboy:
Too bad the game is in their home stadium.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Um, it's not. It's in San Jose, about 150 miles from their home stadium.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well, whatever. They'll have a bunch more of their fans than we will.

FarmSU really doesn't have a quality win to speak of this year, and except for their last game, have won squeekers against low-caliber opponents.

In a normal year, GT should run them right off the field, but there are the nagging questions like... Is our team completely demoralized? Will we EVER put together a couple of creative scoring drives in the same game again? Can we overcome our offensive weaknesses and injuries? Will this be a vocal pro-Jr.Dawg crowd?

I'm not sure about the winner, but if I'm a betting man, I take the "under."

Back