Saban is a freaking genius

Who else would have the balls to put in a true freshman quarterback at halftime of the national championship game? And have it work better than could ever have been expected?
Reminds me of the 2000 Peach Bowl loss to LSU and Saban when he changed QB's at halftime to Rohan Davies. Tech had no answer for him. LSU came back to win 28-14 after Tech had a 14-3 lead at half time.

Reminds me of the 2000 Peach Bowl loss to LSU and Saban when he changed QB's at halftime to Rohan Davies. Tech had no answer for him. LSU came back to win 28-14 after Tech had a 14-3 lead at half time.

Good call - I came here to post this. I had forgotten about that aspect of the game until I saw it mentioned (as a "long forgotten bowl game") in this ESPN article.

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/131201/how-tua-tagovailoa-became-alabamas-unlikely-hero

JRjr

Too bad Saban didn’t recruit Tua to be a DB. He could have transferred to Tech.

Then again, if that would have happened Bama may not have come back in the second half, so scratch that thought and ignore this post.

Mods plz ban.
Cause we would have beaten UGAg, won the ACC, and beaten Bama for a natty

I think that Saban is bored. He has won so much, that in order to keep himself entertained he wants to put his team behind the eight-ball in order to show what a ööööing genius he really is.

Keeps QB1 on the bench for 90% of the season.
Throws the 2017 Iron Bowl to see if the Committee had the balls to leave Bammer out.
Spots the mutts half of the game.
Tells his K to shank some field goals.

End result: Crushes Ugag in a way that makes 2012's SECCG look like child's play and gets to humiliate a former assistant.

Are-You-Not-Entertained-Gladiator.gif

I don’t think this is right. I think Ridley was always the intended receiver he just had to wait for the window. He saw he had his man beat. But maybe. I pretty much have a raging boner for Tua Doabarrelrolla

Nah, he was going for 22. Looked right at him. Got pretty lucky that it wasnt picked, actually.

He's talented for sure, but he had some freshman moments that maybe give a glimpse into why he didnt play all season.

He forced a throw to a receiver that was blocking with his back turned, which was picked. Got lucky on that TD (but it was 4th down so throwing up a prayer might have been the best decision). He almost screwed up the clock management at the end of regulation and almost lost Bama's chance at the field goal...Saban pulled him after that play and put Hurts in the center the ball.

Back