Saban Rejects NIL Request

From what I understand, that is what Dr Pepper agreed to pay him before he ever stepped foot on Bama's campus. In fairness to that deal though, I know he has appeared in at least 1 Dr Pepper commercial. Not really any different than Nike endorsing/paying Tiger Woods before ever won a single professional event.

At the time, people complained Nike was overpaying but Phil Knight has said many times that the money they paid Jordan and Tiger was some of the best, and most lucrative, financial investments Nike ever made.

If Bryce has the kind of pro career many believe he will, Dr Pepper will likely claim that this is likewise possibly the best $1 million they've spent in quite some time.
He got the Dr Pepper deal only last year. I'm sure he had plenty other NIL deals from the alumni before coming to Alabama.

UA has more than enough rich alums (who live & breathe football) to compete in NIL right at the top. Also, their sidewalk fans are willing to sell their mobile homes to help with NIL.

I believe, as many do, there will have to be some rules and regulations applied to this wild, wild west NIL or it will hurt college football in the long run. There were like 40 something five star recruits this year, and UA and ugag got like 15 of them.

Is that really that different than the distribution to other dynasties pre-NIL?

Saban is a POS bitch. He's only complaining about NIL because Bama's boosters won't have the deep pockets of UGA, Texas, USC, Texas A&M, Oregon and some others, and that the guys he does land can leave him at any time and tell me to öööö off. He's just mad that he's lost total control. Total ööööing crocodile tears. Piss on the asshole.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but this is the most spot on post in this thread.

Back