Sad to say: Tech Football Is No Fun Anymore

You argue that Clemson recruits better than us and then call out our use of the transfer portal. Of course they don’t need transfers! And of course we do because we aren’t at that level yet. You seem to deny any possibility that we can change our situation and begin to take advantage of what we have to offer. I don’t
You brought up the transfers, I only commented on it after you did so. I am not arguing that a Clemson recruits better than us, I am stating a fact. No one in their right mind, at this point in time, could argue otherwise. Will that change? I say no, you say yes. Time will tell.

You brought up the transfers, I only commented on it after you did so. I am not arguing that a Clemson recruits better than us, I am stating a fact. No one in their right mind, at this point in time, could argue otherwise. Will that change? I say no, you say yes. Time will tell.
I have never said we will recruit at the level Clemson does now. What I have said is we can be much closer than we are now and good enough to compete.

Count me and several friends in the old fart group. Been thru too many of these transitions since the 60's, and frankly this is the worst looking one so far. Many on here say Collins has a plan and is following it to get us where we want to be. I would be good with that, if he had a track record like Ross, O'Leary, even Gailey. He says this is the biggest transition in the history of college football. If he's right, what in his past makes us think he can pull off the biggest transition in the history of college football? I would disagree with him somewhat. Bill Lewis pulled off the biggest transition in college football history. Not all transitions are good one, and not all are successful. I missed less than a half dozen home games in 36 years up until this year. Made a couple of away games most years. Last year and this year may have broken me from sucking eggs. The thrill is gone and I don't know how to get it back.
I’m not as old as you but I’m in the same boat. I don’t know that CGC is to blame though. I’ve quit watching most sports altogether. I’d like GT to start winning to see if I get interested again.

Back