Sanks' Fumble

The Jacket

The Coat
Sanks\' Fumble

Can somebody please hook me up with a pic of it? Any help's 'preciated.

Re: Sanks\' Fumble

Call the AJC. They had shots from all angles, including the grassy knoll and the overpass. It was about 2 weeks worth of photos and coverage if I remember correctly.

Back and to the left,

Go Jackets!

"To the good Lord we give thanks, they gave the ball to Jasper Sanks!"

GO JACKETS!

drinking.gif

I will never forget that game.. Was so P.O.'ed with the impending loss that I left, jumped in the car & rode up to the convenience store.. Swore a blue streak the entire 3 miles there. Turned the game on 5 minutes later in the car and couldn't believe the turn of events.. See... ranting, raving & cursing DO work !

laugh.gif

Like Ice said to Maverick: "you never leave your wingman" - you also never leave a GT game early.

It just so happens that I scanned that AJC sports page a while back...

1999AJC.jpg

BTW, what a great way to make post #200 on StingTalk.

Refs' error, not Donnan's
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Then Jimbo shoulda bought a better one, shouldn't he?
drinking.gif

If anybody should be doing any bitchin' about calls, it should be us. We was ripped in '97 when Tillman cleanly intercepted a Bobo pass with time running out and was flagged for interference. I still remember Hines Ward saying after the game that "The refs finally gave us one. We hadn't got the calls all day". Someone threw a yellow flag at me at work the following Monday.

Oh by the way....To hell with Georgia!

"Tillman cleanly intercepted a Bobo pass with time running out and was flagged for interference"

Correction, the interference call was not on the player who intercepted the ball. It was on the player who was pulling Ward's jersey from behind.

If grabbing jerseys were called every time, football would be nothing but interference and holding calls. Excellent time to call one, just when UGAg needs it.

Please!!!!! That call was awful, but I forget about it everytime I think about the fumble and look at the top piece of the goal post that I use to remind my pup friends that they lost that game.

"Please!!!!! That call was awful, but I forget about it everytime I think about the fumble and look at the top piece of the goal post that I use to remind my pup friends that they lost that game."

I'm not arguing whether or not it was a good call; I'm just stating what was the actual call.

I'm glad you can use that piece of the goal post to help you forget about GT losing to UGA. You're going to continue to need it.

Wow, harsh words. I was hoping for something a little more creative from a fan of a team that has one season of any importance in 20 years.

If only 1 out of our last 20 season has represented and importance, what does that say about GT, who has lost to UGA 12 out of those 19 other unimportant seasons? ;-)

Just remember, Tech still has more Sugar bowl victories AND National Championships than UGA.

"Just remember, Tech still has more Sugar bowl victories AND National Championships than UGA."

LOL! True indeed. :-)

Realistically though, like UGA, GT has only one undisputed NC, and that was in 1917.

Originally posted by GoJackets:
Like Ice said to Maverick: "you never leave your wingman" - you also never leave a GT game early.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yeah that WAS my MO until last Nov in Athens. Bailed at halftime with the score 34-0 and didn't have one regret about it. If the team and coaches aren't gonna show up why in the heck should I hang around???

Yep, WreckandRoll.....that was the only GT game I've ever left early, and I've never regretted it!

If I remember correctly, I was sitting at the Varsity (in Atlanta), eating a chilidog, pissed off, with steam coming from my ears with my brother two friends by the time the game was over. Now hows that for beating the traffic.

I never, ever want to see that kind of on-the-field humiliation again.

GJ!

The bad calls were actually those that preceeded the Sanks fumble. The offsides on Claybrooks, the "pick" in front of Muyres, etc. Horrible officiating by an SEC crew and then they get butchered because they called a play the way they were told to by their conference office. Per the SEC office, it was a fumble.

Back