Season ticket renewals

Skydog

Eat a Peach
I wonder what % of attempts to attend games will be stopped due to dead and malfunctioning phones or overwhelmed cell service.
it's a good question .. along with how many fans will they lose for 21' if they attempt social distancing and mask requirements again.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Done. Will see you guys for KSU, maybe UNC, BC, and, of course, Them 'Dawgs.
I will miss paper tickets as all three teams I buy tickets for (UGA, Tech, and GSU).
One of these days, we need to have a drink. I'll buy.

Reactions: JC7

gtleviathan

Dodd-Like
I wonder what % of attempts to attend games will be stopped due to dead and malfunctioning phones or overwhelmed cell service.
Valid point on the dead/malfunctioning phones. But people should definitely put the tickets in their "wallet" on their phone so they don't have to rely on cell service at the gate.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
Done.

Really easy when rolling over the 2020 season $$$. Same seats in LW0 as 2019 (opted out in 2020).

And much better tickets for the UNCheats game than the 2017 Tenn game. The seats we had for 2017 Tennessee were section 221 (End Zone Corner) "Nothing Included" .... these are 212C (30-40 YL) in Harrah's Club (All Inclusive).

THWG!
that's all well and good till August and they decide we are all in this together and they move your seat locations for social distancing. i'm cynical but it's a very likely scenario.

GT98

Dodd-Like
that's all well and good till August and they decide we are all in this together and they move your seat locations for social distancing. i'm cynical but it's a very likely scenario.
And if that is done (for whatever reason(s)), I'm sure that the GTAA will give you a chance to opt out at that point or apply the money spent towards tickets in '22.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
And if that is done (for whatever reason(s)), I'm sure that the GTAA will give you a chance to opt out at that point or apply the money spent towards tickets in '22.
i asked the ticket rep about that and she/they would not commit to saying that. but you are probably right.

18in32

Petard Hoister
So you have to own a smart phone to attend a game now?
For basketball tickets this year, I was told that the GTAA would find a non-smartphone workaround on a case-by-case basis. I decided not to buy tickets, so I don't know how that would've played out in the end.

gtg970g

Dodd-Like
Didn't football change to NFC technology instead of the QR codes for this past season? If so then mobile tickets would be great. Scanning the QR codes was a b**ch.

wreckm

28 to 27 for a Great Day!
Looks like the death of the paper ticket...

:bigcry:

I’ll see myself out.
If You ask for a printed ticket they will charge $30 processing instead of $10. You will have to call and ask for that. The choice is either electronic or printed. They only offer the electronic on the renewal form. One way or the other will see you all in the fall!

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
I think losing the printed ticket is a big mistake. Accountants and leagues are repeatedly making decisions according to the bottom line. We need fans however. Game times matter, and memories are triggered by tickets.

Reactions: JC7

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
I think losing the printed ticket is a big mistake. Accountants and leagues are repeatedly making decisions according to the bottom line. We need fans however. Game times matter, and memories are triggered by tickets.
I keep my ticket stubs (and still like physical CDs and printed books/magazines/comics) but we’re a dying breed. Younger people don’t generally want anything tangible - the future is ephemeral, it seems.

JRjr

GTROY

Damn Good Rat
I keep my ticket stubs (and still like physical CDs and printed books/magazines/comics) but we’re a dying breed. Younger people don’t generally want anything tangible - the future is ephemeral, it seems.

JRjr
I'm a millennial and have always requested printed tickets. You are not alone!

RaiderJacket

Varsity Lurker
I'm a millennial and have always requested printed tickets. You are not alone!
Good for you. I paid the extra fee for the printed tickets. Don't trust "big brother" with personal and financial data on their APPS. Never have, never will. VPN and a secure, encrypted laptop for this old dude.

As far as the the whole china virus thing, if it replicates what happened last year I will defer again.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Valid point on the dead/malfunctioning phones. But people should definitely put the tickets in their "wallet" on their phone so they don't have to rely on cell service at the gate.
I'd much rather have a screen shot of the ticket and barcode. Easier to show and share.