SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

People are objecting because if we were still in the SEC this series looks totally different. We wandered in the wilderness of Independence and the years when the ACC was FSU and the seven dwarfs. Put us back in the SEC for the past 50 years and our recruiting, media coverage, public perception, etc., is quite different.

Correct, and probably to a far greater extent in the late 60s to late 80s. Would have helped recruiting as well.

But thus is contrary to the screams heard everywhere around here saying it was not so.

But the original post simply asked about # of ugag sec championships to ours.

To me what is more important, at this moment, is we have more National Championships, and have one more recently.

Correct, and probably to a far greater extent in the late 60s to late 80s. Would have helped recruiting as well.

But thus is contrary to the screams heard everywhere around here saying it was not so.

But the original post simply asked about # of ugag sec championships to ours.

To me what is more important, at this moment, is we have more National Championships, and have one more recently.

Yes and that is what matters. My original post was because I believe it was a few years after we left the SEC before they past our record Just trying to stirr the pudding

Last edited:
Yes and that is what matters. My original post was because I believe it was a few years after we left the SEC before they past our record Just trying to stirr the pudding
One of the best COFH quotes: Wally Butts, after UGA ran all over Tech and lost; “Robert Lee Dodd could walk into a nuclear explosion and walk out with pockets full of useful uranium”

One of Dodd's few big öööö ups.

iwwiw

Let's go on to the future.

People are objecting because if we were still in the SEC this series looks totally different. We wandered in the wilderness of Independence and the years when the ACC was FSU and the seven dwarfs. Put us back in the SEC for the past 50 years and our recruiting, media coverage, public perception, etc., is quite different.

Like Vanderbilt?

Back