SEC to allow alcohol sales at games

I'm surprised the SEC has the authority to "allow" alcohol sales. Thought that state governments and individual schools would have to be onboard. Selling hard liquor at sports games is not a good idea in my book. OK with beer and wine though.

My only issue is this- when I take my two girls to a game, I don't want them around people that are going to act a fool. They don't need to see that. I mean, I should be able to go to a game and not have to worry about John and Jane Doe shaking their tails in front of my face. I just want to enjoy the game without that crap. I don't have an issue with people that drink, a lot of my friends do and that's their business. I just know what it can turn a person into. Just my two cents. I am not attacking any of you that do drink. If you want to drink at a game, that's your right.

I'm surprised the SEC has the authority to "allow" alcohol sales. Thought that state governments and individual schools would have to be onboard. Selling hard liquor at sports games is not a good idea in my book. OK with beer and wine though.

They can’t. They just said it was no longer against conference rules, but that states & schools will be able to decide per their own rules.

We should only sell whiskey clear in the first quarter then shut it down.

It would help encourage the drinking crowd to get their butts in the seats earlier than usual AND it wouldn’t get too out of control.

And I’m kidding about just selling whiskey. Red, white wines, dark and light beer, and of course whiskey. GT would make some serious $ too.

Last edited:
We should only sell whiskey clear in the first quarter then shut it down.

It would help encourage the drinking crowd to get their butts in the seats earlier than usual AND it wouldn’t get too out of control.
I like your thinking, could take it a step further and start 45 minutes before kick and end it 5 minutes before the wreck drives on to the field

I like your thinking, could take it a step further and start 45 minutes before kick and end it 5 minutes before the wreck drives on to the field
That would be awesome. I know I’d show up earlier.

And it’s not that far-fetched either. We already serve booze in the Club Seats section.

Is it true that the state of Georgia will not allow alcohol sales on campus (i.e. in BDS)? You want butts in seats earlier? If there’s a beer garden, I’d be there an hour before game time. Want students to show up? Let em continue the party in the stands pregame... those that are 21 anyway.

for that matter, might as well change the drinking age to 18 while we’re at it.

giphy.gif

I think the Stingtalk consensus is beer garden in the south endzone.

I would add this. Open it ONLY to season ticket holders.

for that matter, might as well change the drinking age to 18 while we’re at it.

Yippee, more of the worst drivers will get more drunk (gotta think a few at least are deterred by the age limit)

Sec bookstores better start selling Plan B. There’s about to be a bunch of inbred kids conceived at post game tailgates.

Sec bookstores better start selling Plan B. There’s about to be a bunch of inbred kids conceived at post game tailgates.

Because undergrads aren't already drinking and they've been holding out until campus stadiums start selling watered-down beer? I don't think they're the market for $10 Coors Light tall boys.

Because undergrads aren't already drinking and they've been holding out until campus stadiums start selling watered-down beer? I don't think they're the market for $10 Coors Light tall boys.
It was a post in jest. I don’t give a rats ass whether they sell alcohol at games.

Back