Self-Loathing Tech Fans

< 3 Fortunately, I just had a vision of the aftermath of such an endeavor and I am having second thoughts. Looked a bit like this:

anakin_burning_by_spleenriper.jpg

But you would get a really cool suit

Is this a serious question? How long have you been a GT fan? What you described is the majority of the fan base. Do you keep your head buried in a hole?

Been a fan since around '87, I guess. Started at Tech in '88.

I'm well familiar with the bitching and moaning segment of the fanbase. What I'm talking about here seems to me to have a little different tenor to it than that, not an angry sort of dissatisfaction or a constant pessimism - it's more self-defeating than that, like the folks who are jump at the chance to publicly say "our bowl attendance is terrible, Kentucky fans outnumbered us 10-1 at the Gator Bowl" instead of finding a way to defend Tech or accentuate the positive in a realistic way.

JRjr

A couple of my grandkids probably fall under this description. They always hear UGA this and UGA that in school, so even though my daughter raised them to be Tech fans they seem to be so negative about it at times.

Thankfully since PJ has been here we've won 3 times and have begun to turn this state around!

They're Tech fans - they have season tix for football, go to some road football games, go to some basketball games. Probably slightly above average in engagement, as Tech fans go.

Bro. That's like top 10% not "slightly above average"

The 3 seasons I was on campus were 79-81, only been a couple of years since 1996 where we didn't win more than we we won in those 3 years combined. It's all good.

Back