Serious Question for Beebad, and BDG.....

BLACK WATCH

Helluva Engineer
Bobby Dodds Ghost needs to read my history lesson under My post on "Most Gt people like Mark Richt"
He is using our past Beloved coaches name and needs a history lesson on how Dodd struggled somewhat his 1st couple of years as our Head Coach..Particularly againt Georgeee..
Im still convinced that a couple of these negative posters are true dawgs in disguise.....

There are three kinds of Tech fans:
Type 1:These fans have become accustomed to mediocre football, coaching changes, and shafts from the GTAA. They are happy to support the program no matter what. They love the school first and foremost, and will say very little that might be perceived as negative criticism.
Type 2: These fans cashed in years ago after giving up on a program with too many heartaches to bear. They love the school, but rarely go to games any more. They watch on TV from time to time, and may go to Homecoming. They have intentionally distanced themselves from GT sports for sanity sake.
Type 3: These fans expect to win every year. They expect to beat UGA 50% of the time. They expect competence from the GTAA. They expect Tech to go to major bowls on a regular basis. They expect lovalty and complete dedication from their coaches. They expect great recruiting year after year, and a growing fan base that needs a 80,000 seat stadium to hold them all.
These fans are crazy....and I am one of these fans.
PS Hey BlackWatch...I have forgotten more Tech football history than you currently claim to know.

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:

Type 3: These fans expect to win every year. They expect to beat UGA 50% of the time. They expect competence from the GTAA. They expect Tech to go to major bowls on a regular basis. They expect lovalty and complete dedication from their coaches. They expect great recruiting year after year, and a growing fan base that needs a 80,000 seat stadium to hold them all.
These fans are crazy....and I am one of these fans.
PS Hey BlackWatch...I have forgotten more Tech football history than you currently claim to know.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">ehh? you are a scumbag of a fan.

you think that the baseball team used the ACC championship victory to get "drunk" and mailed it in the regionals.

you think that tech's fanbase will grow to 80,000+ and when we expand the stadium to 55k seats, you are against it. you call the latest expansion the ugliest stadium in Div1

you are a jackass and a moron. you lost all credibility when you came out and stated that you are an officer at a tech club and have a mole in the gtaa and you've been told that the stadium expansion has been cancelled.

trust me, nobody here takes you seriously.

hey .. anyone here, annnnnnnnyone take BDG seriously?

and for your information .. there's more than 3 kinds of fans .. there's many kinds of fans. you will fall in a category that's the most useless and most disgusting. the scumbag kind of fan.

Good post BOR. BlackWatch, I just can't believe that a real fan of any other school would spend this much time here. Would any Tech people go special ops on Dawgvent for such a long time? I don't know, but I doubt it. If there are, I don't want them around my 13 year old daughter.

I think that internet chat allows people to create an alter persona, and then they feel they need to keep it up, and then "improve" upon it.

I am with you BOR, is there anything that these internet personalities feel good about regarding Ga. Tech? Or do they have some sort of pants at the ankles joy in deriding the school in general.

Now, BDG, please reconsider: surely you did not honestly speak against another Tech supporter with heart and meaning as it appeared: did you??

Who is the enemy? Our schedule or our selves?

I personally as most on this board want the sceduled teams to be our enemy. I hope that we all realize that it is time to get together and support "the program, and pull for wins"....elsewise, we will only hurt the Institution we claim to love.

You are sharp and witty BDG: I just ask that we all get on the same team for the next 15-20 weeks and put our energy toward winning!!!!!!!
smile.gif

BDG, there is another class of fans.

These fans came from the era when Tech excelled and seldom had losing years. Yes, we were spoiled by the Bobby Dodd years.

We have stuck with Tech sports through thick and thin.

We were at the top of the mountain in the fifties, but still in pretty good shape through the remainder of the Dodd years.

Things began to bobble back and forth, between ups and downs, and we did not like the down years. We saw some hope in Curry's last few years, but alas, he left.

Ross came along and things looked no better, but then he began to right the ship. It was not a return to our grandeur days, but we did have a national championship out of it. Us oldtimers were still not satisfied as we were accustomed to consistency.

Along comes O'Leary who was a tad less than successful and we still were not satisfied.

Finally, along comes Friegden, rights the ship and things look very good. I have to tell you, I saw the winning attitude and execution in this offensive genius.

We were enthused and thought finally football would once again have the ability to reach the greatness, we once enjoyed.

Alas, he takes his magic to Maryland, and we drop back to an average team at best.

Now, here we are again with a new coach, and us old timers are hoping again, we can achieve the excellence we witnessed in the fifties and sixties.

The problem is last year was again an average year. Here is hoping this coach can return us to the consistency of winning that us old timers miss badly.

My heart really wants a good year and return to excellence. I am getting too old to keep going through coaching changes. Go Tech and good luck coaches in this coming year.

Father Time

BDG, you try to simplify things to further your own negative view point. I AM A TYPE 3 FAN. Anyone who's ever known me knows that. Yet, I can still remain upbeat about the program. So your logic is OBVIOUSLY FLAWED. Care to try again???

Bor..Bdg pretends to know Tech history and supposedly loved Bobby Dodd..But he still needs to look up the history and read my previous post ( He is too proud and stubborn to admit It) BUT Bobby Dodd Got Trounced by Uga in his 1st 2 seasons as our Head Coach..Me thinks Bdg still is on an agenda and no matter how good we become under Gailey he will be negative and attack a very Good man and yes Fine coach in Gailey....I too have been a Tech fan for close to 40 years and EXPECT to WIN..and WIN BIG..But im realistic with this coach and feel he needs 3 to 4 years for us to Judge him..he certainly in my Book has it in him too get it done here and Bor i know you agree on this ponit: a BIG plus for me is that Gailey is a Native of this state and loves this state....

The problem I have with bdg is he wants to categorize and explain the different types of fans and totally forgets about where he draws his name from. The speech from Coach Dodd on the Hive tells you his beliefs about college football. They couldn't be further from bdg, Driver, etc, yet he has the audacity to take his name in his font. With his attitude he has no right to use Bobby Dodd's name in any manner IMO.

Also, I only met Coach Dodd a couple of times but in person and in his autobiography he was one of the most positive people I've ever met. He's probably rolling over in his grave every time bdg posts.

Great post BDG!!!! I am in the three category and there are many like us who don't post on this board. I have not talked to a Tech alumni that I know that is enmored with Chan Gailey. I am sorry a real Tech fan will never get over 51-7. By the way all you FOC and cheering his move with Bilbo. I have a question. If the team goes 0-4 to start the season should Gailey be removed for the same reason as Bilbo he is just not getting it or should he get another chance?

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Bor..Bdg pretends to know Tech history and supposedly loved Bobby Dodd..But he still needs to look up the history and read my previous post ( He is too proud and stubborn to admit It) BUT Bobby Dodd Got Trounced by Uga in his 1st 2 seasons as our Head Coach..Me thinks Bdg still is on an agenda and no matter how good we become under Gailey he will be negative and attack a very Good man and yes Fine coach in Gailey....I too have been a Tech fan for close to 40 years and EXPECT to WIN..and WIN BIG..But im realistic with this coach and feel he needs 3 to 4 years for us to Judge him..he certainly in my Book has it in him too get it done here and Bor i know you agree on this ponit: a BIG plus for me is that Gailey is a Native of this state and loves this state....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BlackWatch... If BDG "loved Bobby Dodd" he would know better than to use his name while he posts his BS. Bobby Dodd would roll over in his grave over most everything BDG posts.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
The problem I have with bdg is he wants to categorize and explain the different types of fans and totally forgets about where he draws his name from. The speech from Coach Dodd on the Hive tells you his beliefs about college football. They couldn't be further from bdg, Driver, etc, yet he has the audacity to take his name in his font. With his attitude he has no right to use Bobby Dodd's name in any manner IMO.

Also, I only met Coach Dodd a couple of times but in person and in his autobiography he was one of the most positive people I've ever met. He's probably rolling over in his grave every time bdg posts.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">EXACTAMUNDO!!! I wish the moderators would yank his posting privileges FOR THAT REASON ALONE. BDG is an embaressment to all things Bobby Dodd.

I agree Bor...These 2 or 3 posters are WAY out of bounds and need to be YANKED...Ordinarily i would say no and i love this board as opposed to the Hive because of the freedom...But these 2 or 3 are off the charts and too many people outside the Tech family read this board...

What do you LIKE about Georgia Tech, the football program, the school, etc.? In all seriousness, you always find a negative side to everything that is stated on this board. It seems you cannot be excited for the beginning of the season or about GT in general.

I used to think awhile back you both were some no life UGA fan who "infiltrated" this board and just wanted to stir up stuff with the GT fan base. However, I have concluded that you have given way too much effort for that to be true. If you actually were a UGA fan you'd be the most pathetic person in the history of the world.

I think everyone here WANTS to like their fellow GT fans. And I think we want to like someone who obviously wants to make his voice heard that he cares about GT. However, 95% of the things I read from your posts are negative and seem like you have a very serious disdain for GT. And it isn't JUST the football program. I'm being completely serious and I'm not trying to offend you in any way. I just want to understand where your coming from. Because, I cannot for the life of me.

So what's up? What is it you in fact LIKE about Georgia Tech? And if you had things to do your way, what would you do?

Originally posted by gtmg:
Great post BDG!!!! I am in the three category and there are many like us who don't post on this board. I have not talked to a Tech alumni that I know that is enmored with Chan Gailey. I am sorry a real Tech fan will never get over 51-7. By the way all you FOC and cheering his move with Bilbo. I have a question. If the team goes 0-4 to start the season should Gailey be removed for the same reason as Bilbo he is just not getting it or should he get another chance?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BDG, gtmg - I'm a Category 3 as well and gtmg you are correct, there are many, many more like us who don't come here! You can't get the negative pub this coach is getting because of some folks here who see his deficiencies and chose to disect them!

There's plenty of those feelings coming from every aspect of the GT innercircle, $$$ contributors and yes FANS, LOTS OF THEM!

First I'd say there are more than 3 types of fans. Those 3 are far too limiting for the motives and expectations of the spectrum of Tech fans.

Second, if we win the complaints about Chan go away.

Third, you forgot the type of fan who hates Chan and wants him to go and has decided to blame everything on him no matter what. And it's fine if they want to do that, but most other fans, even those with questions about Chan as coach, don't pay too much attention to them.

Oh yeah, and for those type 3's, I would love to have that kind of performance year afteryear. Is it my expectation? not now. My expectation is that we develop the program to that level and then maintain it. But we haven't been at that level since like the 50's (maybe 60's). bdg said "we're crazy" and that's an accurate statement. There are maybe 10 programs in the country that meet those expectations. Tech isn't one of them, at least not yet. And contrary to prevailing opinion among some, last year had no impact on that. To reach the heights you expect is a fairly long process. Kansas State is probably the last school to make it and it took them a combination of stable coaching staff, winking at academics, Juco players and playing lightweight schedules. We have none of those advantages for numerous reasons. Are you wrong to have those expectations? NO. But to swing back and forth year after year and blame coaches, etc, is counterproductive. We need to stay the course just once and develop the damn program. If you think Chan is the wrong guy, that's your prerogative. But we need somebody that will stay here for the long haul and build something up. h

Just wanted to check and make sure that you were talking about "dissect" and "dissected" which means to cut deeply into fine lobes. There definitely seems to be some deep cutting going on, and I am glad to see some passion for what people believe. I am also thankful the administrators are allowing some healthy banter. If that offends people, "Run and go HIVE". In a few weeks we will start to see if Chan is the Man, and we will look back on these discussions, and someone will have the pleasure of eating a little humble pie. I look forward to sharing some cold malt beverages with all of ya'll.

Why all the infighting? It just screams STUPID
wink.gif

I still blame Canada, France, and all French-Canadians!

Originally posted by Beesnut:
Why all the infighting? It just screams STUPID
wink.gif

I still blame Canada, France, and all French-Canadians!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">And the damn Germans.

Back