Shai McKenzie update

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
Kelly_Quinlan: RT @Hokie_Haven: Brief: #Hokies fresh. RB Shai McKenzie charged w/ felony, suspended indefinitely by VT (FREE) rvls.co/17Ryv3D http://t.co/gKQ9fV3xy9

According to the report, Warrants filed in Montgomery County Court last week detail that McKenzie, 19, and Devin A. Gavion, 18, a fellow Virginia Tech student, were being investigated for carnal knowledge of a child between the ages of 13 and 15.

Police obtained a warrant for McKenzie and Gavion's DNA on Feb. 27 after two girls, one 15 years old and another 14, met two adult males using social media, who they later identified as McKenzie and Gavion.

Holy smokes.

Wasn't he supposed to be their guy next year?

To techsideline I shall venture.

w2l59ck.jpg

Marcus Vick did the same thing that Shai is alleged to have done. What is it with VT?

So, was Kelly's tweet wrong? I'm seeing that he's only being charged with 2 misdemeanors? Still suspended indefinitely, though.

First time I hear of that. Was he still playing there or afterwards?

I think it was during and he kept playing at VT.

Personally I'm not sure whether 19 having relations with a 15 year old (if that's what it was) should get you kicked off a football team. It is wrong but it is not child molestation either.

Holy smokes.

Wasn't he supposed to be their guy next year?

To techsideline I shall venture.

Good luck and godspeed.

Bring back gems so we don't have to tread in those mid-90's waters.

yeah, the post he quoted had it wrong. They corrected it:
https://twitter.com/Hokie_Haven

Sounds like the other guy is charged with carnal knowledge (felony) and contributing to the delinquency of a minor (misdemeanor). McKenzie is charged with the latter.

Sounds like they gave the girls beer or cigarettes or something, and the other guy fooled around with one of them.

Here's the law on carnal knowledge:

prev | next
§ 18.2-63. Carnal knowledge of child between thirteen and fifteen years of age.

A. If any person carnally knows, without the use of force, a child thirteen years of age or older but under fifteen years of age, such person shall be guilty of a Class 4 felony.

B. If any person carnally knows, without the use of force, a child thirteen years of age or older but under fifteen years of age who consents to sexual intercourse and the accused is a minor and such consenting child is three years or more the accused's junior, the accused shall be guilty of a Class 6 felony. If such consenting child is less than three years the accused's junior, the accused shall be guilty of a Class 4 misdemeanor.

In calculating whether such child is three years or more a junior of the accused minor, the actual dates of birth of the child and the accused, respectively, shall be used.

C. For the purposes of this section, (i) a child under the age of thirteen years shall not be considered a consenting child and (ii) "carnal knowledge" includes the acts of sexual intercourse, cunnilingus, fellatio, anilingus, anal intercourse, and animate and inanimate object sexual penetration."

I think it was during and he kept playing at VT.

Personally I'm not sure whether 19 having relations with a 15 year old (if that's what it was) should get you kicked off a football team. It is wrong but it is not child molestation either.
No. But it is by law statutory rape. If that doesn't get him booted nothing will. He's lucky if it ends at that.

Could this be a neurological side-effect of being extensively chop-blocked ... :rolleyes:

Sounds like the other guy is charged with carnal knowledge (felony) and contributing to the delinquency of a minor (misdemeanor). McKenzie is charged with the latter.

Sounds like they gave the girls beer or cigarettes or something, and the other guy fooled around with one of them.

Here's the law on carnal knowledge:

prev | next
§ 18.2-63. Carnal knowledge of child between thirteen and fifteen years of age.

A. If any person carnally knows, without the use of force, a child thirteen years of age or older but under fifteen years of age, such person shall be guilty of a Class 4 felony.

B. If any person carnally knows, without the use of force, a child thirteen years of age or older but under fifteen years of age who consents to sexual intercourse and the accused is a minor and such consenting child is three years or more the accused's junior, the accused shall be guilty of a Class 6 felony. If such consenting child is less than three years the accused's junior, the accused shall be guilty of a Class 4 misdemeanor.

In calculating whether such child is three years or more a junior of the accused minor, the actual dates of birth of the child and the accused, respectively, shall be used.

C. For the purposes of this section, (i) a child under the age of thirteen years shall not be considered a consenting child and (ii) "carnal knowledge" includes the acts of sexual intercourse, cunnilingus, fellatio, anilingus, anal intercourse, and animate and inanimate object sexual penetration."

Makes sense. So maybe Shai carnally knew the 15 year old, which is not a crime, but the problem was his involvement in the 14 year old becoming carnally known. I bet he stays at VT.

He will be playing defense in the Courtroom after raping a 15 year old. He probably will continue to play defense when he goes to prison. I imagine the rape will be returned many times over.

Go Jackets!

Back