Shalala says Miami will make a decsion by Monday

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Miami will review new proposals from the Big East. Why the Mon deadline? Because it will cost the Hurricanes a million bucks to wait til Tues to leave the BE.
Va Tech is accepting the ACC irregardless of what Miami does or doesn't do or when it does them. Man, VT got their dream, finally!
Here's a good article quoting Shalala from the Palm Beach Post.

Miami will review new BE proposals

Good news for Va. Tech. They will make a great addition to the conference. They are a "natural" addition to the ACC, and I am excited that they got in.
Miami, after it is all said and done, will join the ACC, too. Hopefully, they will force a 12th member down the throats of Duke and UNC before they commit. Icing on the cake if they can pull it off. Miami is also a "natural" addition to the conference.
Who will be no. 12? Hopefully it will happen sooner than later. Once Miami and VT joins, the ACC will be an awesome athletic conference, and many Big East teams would secretly love to get the invite (BC and Cuse included). The game is not over until we reach 12. That is the magic number, with anything short of that number being a failed mission. Let's hope it happens soon, but a great #10 and #11 !!!
BOO

If UM does not accept, you will see a quick "merger" of some sort with GT, CU, FSU, UM, UVA, VT, BC, UMd, Cuse, WVU, Pitt, and maybe Wake or NCSU. NO PUKE OR UwhiNe&Cheese.

VT a great addition to the ACC...not exactly. No TV market, a Thug reputation, no BB, and a turncoat on the Big East. Plus they have a reputation of allowing many, many non qualifiers in school. I hope Miami turns the ACC down and the league is stuck with this loser school...and somehow GT gets out. I realize this is wishful thinking but the ACC is the laughing stock of the athletic world.

Back