short players

unclebug

Varsity Lurker
Just realized we were playing without starting MLB and Strong Safety.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
We definitely do have short players. I think we add inches and lbs to many of our guys in the media guide. You can tell when we line up across from several of the ACC teams that we are shorter. Not that it matters, just sayin...

Last edited:

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
We definitely do have short players. I think we add inches and lbs to many of our guys in the media guide. You can tell when we line up across several of the ACC teams that we are shorter. Not that it matters, just sayin...
Oh it matters. Our corners showed that last Saturday.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
At 6’2” and shrinking with age I am amazed when I see the team walk to the stadium. There are not too many players taller when we stand near one another. I look at the heights listed in the program and know a few have to be exaggerated. We are a small team.

cincyjacket

Dodd-Like
This has been a problem for decades. I went to the bowl in Boise and I knew we were in trouble during the pregame festivities. The Fresno State players were much taller and bigger. How can Fresno recruit better athletes than us? Sad!

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
When specifically in the game did our height matter? Austin got beat on the final TD, but it wouldn't have mattered if he was 6'4 given his body position and the ball placement

In fact Austin has been one of our best cover corners on deep balls. I remember him knocking down a couple against Miami.

FHstinger

Dodd-Like
They threw THREE 30 yard TD passes in the second half against our midget DB's...uva exposed our weakness here...

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
There is usually a height differential between wide receivers and cornerbacks. That isn't unique to us. There are plenty of 6'3 receivers being covered by 5'10 corners.