SI article says hostesses are HUGE in recruiting

cincytechie

Jolly Good Fellow
I can't believe there's a National Coalition Against Violent Athletes. It's odd that I find that more amusing than disturbing.

Reminds me of a friend of mine who played for Michigan State in the 60's. Swears they lost the national championship when they played USC in the Rose Bowl because of the extra nice hospitality the USC hostesses showed the MSU players; from the time the plane landed till kickoff. He said he was too tired to run much less play.

Not saying he said it was worth it, but he smiles today at the memories.

Reminds me of the old joke:

If all the girls in Athens were laid end to end....I wouldn't be surprised!!
wink.gif

What is wrong with the exploitation of women for sports? Is this really something new? Just watch TV? Is Jill Arrington really that informative? I would be surprised if hostesses were NOT huge in recruiting. This happens at everywhere including GT. Is it right, no. But the fact is, these recruits expect to be greeted by the "hostesses". Could you imagine being a top recruit and you are greeted by a bunch of dudes? Think about it, these recruits are 18 year old boys and they are being courted by several schools. The recruiting is as good as it gets for these guys. Once they sign, they are hearded through the system just like everyone else. A lot of them know where they want to go to school but they take a weekend or two away from home. Now let's think about this, 18 year old male, away from home, meet some hotties (18+ year old volunteers), meet some potential future teammates or possilby future opponents, dragged around campus for an intense orientation and then go off and do whatever 18 year old do these days. Hmmm let's see, play X-box with the guys, drink some beer and have sex with hotties, OR go to the varsity, check out the library, study the map of campus and get ready for more orientation.

Back