SI article

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
I see CGC having a good year in 19, meh year in 20, bad 21, then up hill from there. I am not in love with the OC . I don't love the OC, but love the Dabo strategy in the ATL .Given enough cash, CGC will make us nationally competitive year in and out .Our rise will weaken Clemson and UGa. But first Duke, UNC, and USC. Then Auburn.

ibeeballin

Dodd-Like
I have the feeling we will be playing 8 or 10 different OL combinations for the first half of the season until a starting five is determined. Competition being king, the surviving five should be pretty good. Our "fall camp" will probably extend until Halloween for most of the team. We have 24 or 25 positions to be decided upon--barely a handful of starters are set right now.
Unless they are just horrible you don’t do that on the OL unless you want your QB in a body caste

pandajacket

Varsity Lurker
I see CGC having a good year in 19, meh year in 20, bad 21, then up hill from there. I am not in love with the OC . I don't love the OC, but love the Dabo strategy in the ATL .Given enough cash, CGC will make us nationally competitive year in and out .Our rise will weaken Clemson and UGa. But first Duke, UNC, and USC. Then Auburn.
That sounds like the Pastner regression strategy.

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
In my limited career of playing football as an offensive guard playing in AAA football in the mid sixties way down in South Georgia I always thought pass protection blocking was easier than run blocking as I only had to keep the guy I was blocking in front of me as opposed to driving him back or to the side. Admittedly pass rushes then were not nearly as sophisticated then as they are now Could be at slightly under 150 pounds drive blocking was not my forte but I could flat out protect my passer.
Exactly. Its much harder to move somebody completely out of the way than keep them from running over you. I much preferred pass blocking. Only problem was we passed about as much as CPJ did.

User 10337

Exactly. Its much harder to move somebody completely out of the way than keep them from running over you. I much preferred pass blocking. Only problem was we passed about as much as CPJ did.
I disagree. Personal preferences aside, there’s a reason why LT get drafted and paid vs. the other positions.

bravejason

Flats Noob
That's all well & good. But the 2007 class had actual All-Americans and actual draftees, not hopefuls.
And the 2018 class might have all Americans and actual draftees. The 2007 class was only had hopefuls at the time too.

G776T

Not pastor material.
And the 2018 class might have all Americans and actual draftees. The 2007 class was only had hopefuls at the time too.
It will, but you don't typically build your team around a punter and a kick returner.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
That sounds like the Pastner regression strategy.
I see CGC’s enthusiasm as kind of a sugar high in ‘19. Then the switchover in talent taking a toll on team chemistry and experience. That is 20-21. Then an upward trajectory. I think CGC will handle things a LOT better than NCSt’s coach. I don’t see the wasted years they have had.

FatJacket

Helluva Engineer
I see CGC’s enthusiasm as kind of a sugar high in ‘19. Then the switchover in talent taking a toll on team chemistry and experience. That is 20-21. Then an upward trajectory. I think CGC will handle things a LOT better than NCSt’s coach. I don’t see the wasted years they have had.

Yes there will be wasted years.