Similar to '99?

kirbee

Jolly Good Fellow
Similar to \'99?

I recall in '99 when we barely -- and I mean barely -- got past a weak Central Florida team. People thought the season was over and there was no excuse because they sucked blah blah blah. That was Godsey's first come from behind win and it gave the team a lot of confidence. I'm not saying this team is as talented as that one, but I think people read too much into a game we won last week. We could come out and stink it up Saturday like we did against Clemson or we could come in rolling from the way we ended up the game last week. Who knows? The team has shown they can play with the Pack by beating Auburn and going toe to toe with FSU. Not to mention we beat them last year. I think we still have a chance to do some damage this year and that begins Saturday. Lets stop moaning about how bad things supposedly are and get behind this team!

Re: Similar to \'99?

That was 2000 not '99. I agree and disagree with your point.

I completely agree that who knows what we will do this saturday. I certianly hope that the team and especially Reggie learns from the Vandy game like the UCF game in 2000. After that game we finished 8 - 2, with close losses to F$U and NCSU (overtime). I truly hope we can make a run like that again, if not even better. I do NOT want us to perform bad, but I am also being realistic about what to expect out of this team.

I have to disagree that the Vandy game is similar. UCF was the FIRST game of the season, not the 5th. A huge difference in terms of what to expect out of a team. Furthermore, coaches benched Godsey in that game and let Hall come in (incorrectly stated in another thread that Crenshaw was put in. Crenshaw came in during the F$U game). Hall put some decent numbers up, and allowed Godsey to take a look from the sidelines. The rest we all know as history.

Having said all of that... I am done with the Vandy game now. It is Wed. and time to move on to NCSU. I have said my piece.

Originally posted by kirbee:
I recall in '99 when we barely -- and I mean barely -- got past a weak Central Florida team. People thought the season was over and there was no excuse because they sucked blah blah blah. That was Godsey's first come from behind win and it gave the team a lot of confidence. I'm not saying this team is as talented as that one, but I think people read too much into a game we won last week. We could come out and stink it up Saturday like we did against Clemson or we could come in rolling from the way we ended up the game last week. Who knows? The team has shown they can play with the Pack by beating Auburn and going toe to toe with FSU. Not to mention we beat them last year. I think we still have a chance to do some damage this year and that begins Saturday. Lets stop moaning about who bad things supposedly are and get behind this team!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think you meant 2000 season, but I agree with you if we do one thing like we did that year: Spread offense with 3-4 wideouts on 60-75% of our plays. Worked last year against NCSU, could work again being their defense is not that great.

2000 it was, sorry about that!

Back